Campina Youth House

Haven't seen this one posted anywhere so I decided to chuck a quick report up on it. I would say this particular location could be described as disused rather than abandoned, as it looked like there was redevelopment work going on when we arrived. Hence why it is so nice and pristine. Anyway, onto a little bit of history I found..

History

The Youth House was orginally built as a leisure centre in Campina. A city situated roughly around the South East of Romania. It was constructed by local authorites in order to create a space for young people to participate in a range of sporting activities such as: aerobics, matrial arts and boxing. It was also established in order to promote culture and education and the house provided various facilities for the arts. The Youth House hosted a large auditorium to  showcase fairs, exhibitions, conventions, concerts and festivals. 

Visit

Visited with @darbians and @Gigi on a long weekend trip to Romania. We were driving past and saw what we orginally thought was a hotel and decided to check it out. Finding this place was defintely an unsuspected susprise and I'm very glad we decided to pull over. I really enjoyed photographing this one and I espiecally liked the mosiacs which reminded me of the ones at Buzludzha I had seen the previous year. I hope you enjoy my report!

40418793095_21e371911b_o.jpg

41238506282_3ecae3c69d_o.jpg

39472112590_623cd6861f_o.jpg

41238499082_85892e5fa7_o.jpg

39472099550_23cdc64905_o.jpg

40567702734_5c479d4d03_o.jpg

39472097870_62872899f6_o.jpg

41238491242_e02ab5552d_o.jpg

39472107570_7d08248830_o.jpg

When you find a window open on the top floor, gotta get a few photos from the roof :15_yum:

39472093700_5f07cc9e36_o.jpg

41238484532_b9b0c18704_o.jpg

Thanks for reading!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, darbians said:

Nice one for finding out what it's called. 

Great pics and I wish I done the roof.

Thank you! Was hard to find a lot of history, thank god for google translate! 

That's nice. The chandeliers are really special.

35 minutes ago, Andy said:

That's nice. The chandeliers are really special.

Thank you :D

34 minutes ago, Dubbed Navigator said:

Thats really cool actually.

This especially;

41238491242_e02ab5552d_o.jpg

Sexy ass stairs.

Was that Gina as in Gigi?

Nice effort mate!

Thank you! They were very sexy indeed :3_grin:

Yeah, wasn't sure whether or not to  use her forum name but I don't think she's on here anymore.

• Like 1

Loving that! What a cool building :) By the way I've noticed your pics take a while to load, they will load much quicker if you resize them usually. I resize mine to under 2MB in lightroom before I export them. They don't seem to lose any quality, it just makes the file much smaller and easier to upload

• Like 2

Just now, The_Raw said:

Loving that! What a cool building :) By the way I've noticed your pics take a while to load, they will load much quicker if you resize them usually. I resize mine to under 2MB in lightroom before I export them. They don't seem to lose any quality, it just makes the file much smaller and easier to upload

Thank you! Yeah I should really resize them. I use photoshop to edit my photos but I might start using lightroom just for that! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, obscureserenity said:

Thank you! Yeah I should really resize them. I use photoshop to edit my photos but I might start using lightroom just for that! 

I also use photoshop for editing. But you can also resize your pics with ps.

6 minutes ago, Andy said:

I also use photoshop for editing. But you can also resize your pics with ps.

I know how to do it on photoshop, just been too lazy to resize each one haha! 

There are a lot of programms that allow you to resize different or all pics of a folder, for example with IrfanView. :)  So you don't have to do it with each photo.

1 minute ago, Andy said:

There are a lot of programms that allow you to resize different or all pics of a folder, for example with IrfanView.

ooh that's handy! Thanks for the info :) 

• Like 1