Mumi

Spain Abandoned textile factory in Spain

Hi mates,

few days ago mi brother and I visited a huge abandoned textile factory sorrounded by nature. Hope you enjoy! :D

• Like 4

13 hours ago, hamtagger said:

Cool place @Mumi, I have no idea what you're saying though but the place looks alright :D 

Hahahahaha, yeah, I'm sorry, I normally do my reports in Spanish. I'm just explaining the history of the place. :P

Thanks 4 the coment!

• Like 1

Nice video. Maybe you could write a bit about the history of the place. :) 

On 12/4/2018 at 9:26 AM, Andy said:

Nice video. Maybe you could write a bit about the history of the place. :) 

Sure!

This factory was built in 1925, and in its best times gave work to more than 400 people. It was one of the most important textile factories in the area, but during the 70 'it suffered a severe crisis, and at the beginning of the 90 it closed definitively. A curious fact: An important Catalan poet worked there. :)

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By urbexkaoclan
      part 5 of the germany tour great video part 5

• By SouthCoastUrbex
      Hi all!

Just a quick one this time, we decided to visit an old abandoned boatyard which also had an old car place inside as well. We couldn't find to much history on this one however it was nicely buried away in some trees/bushes along the side of the South Coast.

Hope you enjoy the footage!

• By Wicked Sunday
      Hello urban explorers. 

I have lately been discovering the world of urban exploring, and have some great experiences solo exploring  'haunted' areas at night. The kind of adrenaline coming from visiting such place alone at night is terrifying yet very satisfying. I wish to keep up with my new hobby, but I have trouble finding places with a horror story which are not abaondoned. Perhaps it may seem lazy to 'just ask' it this way, but I can asure that I have been spending quite some days to pinpoint the right locations (it's always a far drive coming from the Netherlands).

For the next week I will make a roadtrip from my home town Coevorden in the Netherlands to Belgrado in Serbia. I am hoping somebody may have experience or a story about a 'haunted' place across my route.
    • By crabb
      After hearing about the permanent closure of this well known super store giant, we felt like a part of our childhood was gone forever.
      In the store we visited, we found the names of those loyal workers written on the wall with one of those people having  worked there for 20 years,
      but unfortunately we couldn't go back and get a photo due to my camera running out of juice.
      But all is not lost as there is a full video on my friend's youtube channel so check it out!

Here are the best photos we managed to get, thanks for looking.
      C

• By zombizza
      I know this place has been done many times before but it is right up my alley and was a tantalizing temptation whilst the rest of the family slept/swam in the villa pool.
      Thanks for the tip from a fellow member here. The last report/intel from here was 2014 so it has been a while.
      Things have changed security wise. The holes are patched up and there are 2 new heras style fences inside the main boundary. The main problem with these was that the point of tackling them was very exposed to the street  and adjacent dock.
      Inside, not much has changed.
      The 'slot window' access point was amusing, the width being about an inch narrower than my back to chest distance and the height being about 4inches shorter than my groin to shoulder height. It took some contorting, and at one point I thought I was well and truly stuck, but in the end, I managed-I was too close to give up.

6am start meant it was a bit dark for photography. By the time I got out, the families were on their balconies and I yelled Ola to them as I jumped over the 4th and final barrier to safety.

It was constructed in 1958 according to a design by the Spanish architect Ramón Vázquez Molezún.
      Running gear and T/G were provided by Metropolitan Vickers.
      In 1986 The Spanish government commissioned a new Powerplant around 10km away on the other side of the bay. 
      The plant was closed in 1991/2.

The 2 rooms I really came for-