Andy

France La chapelle dans la forêt (visited 05/2018)

This old chapel in the middle of the forest was the first stop during my last trip to France on the penultimate weekend.

Only a small and overgrown path leads to it. If you don't know the location, you'll hardly find it; even from the winding country road below the chapel, it's barely visible. Inside were still several beautiful things - dusty plastic flowers, small Madonna statuettes and images of saints, as well as two rosary necklaces with crosses.

In a broken stone the date 13th of April 1870 was engraved. However, I don't know when the secluded chapel was actually built.

bild01.jpg

bild02.jpg

bild03.jpg

bild04.jpg

bild05.jpg

bild06.jpg

bild07.jpg

bild08.jpg

bild09.jpg

bild10.jpg

bild11.jpg

bild12.jpg

bild13.jpg

• Like 6

Looks great mate, i'm amazed all those religious artifacts and bits and bobs are still intact. Nicely shot too @Andy as per usual :) 

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Industrieller
      A nice and fully furnished Maison in a small village in France.

• By teddybear
      It's been a long time that I posted something here. Missing the time for the editing of the photo's. This  was my last explore and it was an underground adventure with the same partner of all the underground explores. It's was an iron mine that closed several decades ago like many others in that neighbourhood.It was a nice walk to find an entrance (not the main entrance ). It was inside warmer than outside.
      This time only one level explored but probably there are more entry's because there was also some kind of elevator (not found thou but other explorer did). There were a lot of collapses places. All the timber was parished  and the metal well rusted. Also some cracks in the ceiling. Nice that there were some painted street names on the wall (some in German, other in French). There was every ware since of life ( fungi's, in white and yellow). Animal bones, one bat and animal excrements that turned in something fluffy by the fungi that were  growing on that). For the rest the mine was well stripped of almost all the rails and cables.
      But never the less, a nice trip.
      1 it's going to be a bumpy ride
      IMG_3050 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      2  hold on to the railing
      IMG_3048-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      3 end of the line
      IMG_3045-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      4 big pulley (fisheye)
      IMG_3041-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      5 tunnel of fungi life in white and yellow
      IMG_3037-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      6 that cart didn't make it out
      IMG_3034 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      7 stack 'm up
      IMG_3031 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      8 light in the" pouderie"
      IMG_3026-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      9 the main tunnel
      IMG_3009-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      10 iron bows
      IMG_3014 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      10 dancing on the ceiling
      IMG_3018-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

• By Andy
      I found the house with the red dress by coincidence - discovered this summer while visiting the "Chiesa in tempesta e pioggia". The house was right next to this church, and obviously it was also abandoned.
      The access way and the property were already quite overgrown. The old wooden door just stood open, so the house literally invited me to take a look inside.

It seems the building has been originally a mill and was probably rebuilt for living only later. As a decorative element, the large millstone was still in the middle of the living room.
      Upstairs were various pieces of furniture with floral paintings from the time of historicism (1850-1890). Furthermore, in front of the house was an old wooden cart / hay wagon, which was also decorated with floral paintings.
      All in all, a nice chance find. Besides, really great, absolutely no vandalism there. 

• By Andy
      Meanwhile, this Italian villa of a football coach is pretty well known, and several things has changed there.
      Only a dusty dirt road leads to it and from outside the house looks quite inconspicuous. But once again proves: Don't judge a book by its cover...!

• By Andy
      I already have had this castle on my map for a few years and I also wanted to visit it since then. But finally I only came to its area this summer.

Located on the hill above the castle is a chapel and on the way there, along the wall around the castle, were really a lot of tourists. But luckily we found a way over the wall in a blind spot.

The castle was built in 1860 as a summer residence on a small island. It remained in the hands of the same family until 1975 when it was sold on. Developers eventually planned to convert it into a 5 star beauty farm but they went bust in 2010 half way through the renovation. Work stopped and the castle has been up for sale ever since. Unfortunately the castle is mostly stripped, but it still has some great rooms & ceilings.