Andy

France La chapelle dans la forêt (visited 05/2018)

This old chapel in the middle of the forest was the first stop during my last trip to France on the penultimate weekend.

Only a small and overgrown path leads to it. If you don't know the location, you'll hardly find it; even from the winding country road below the chapel, it's barely visible. Inside were still several beautiful things - dusty plastic flowers, small Madonna statuettes and images of saints, as well as two rosary necklaces with crosses.

In a broken stone the date 13th of April 1870 was engraved. However, I don't know when the secluded chapel was actually built.

bild01.jpg

bild02.jpg

bild03.jpg

bild04.jpg

bild05.jpg

bild06.jpg

bild07.jpg

bild08.jpg

bild09.jpg

bild10.jpg

bild11.jpg

bild12.jpg

bild13.jpg

• Like 6

Looks great mate, i'm amazed all those religious artifacts and bits and bobs are still intact. Nicely shot too @Andy as per usual :) 

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By winglessdrone
      Built in 1800s (?) .
      At least 800-900 m2 (?) .
       Large gated garden/grounds.
       Big garage & pool.
       On the banks of the river Seine.

I'd like to know everything about the
       house(/place) what is there to know -
       in details. (My guesses are only estimates. Google Maps & Earth don't
       give much to work with).

Someone could set an expedition on the site ; possibly with a drone ? 

• By JohnnyThunderdrone
      Return to the forbidden area of the catacombs of paris, this time accompanied to get as far as possible, I hope you enjoy it.

• By Andy
      Visited during a trip to Wales in May with @The_Raw 
      When we arrived, an elderly man was sitting in front of the former church, which is on a private property. I spoke to him and he referred to the owner, who lives in a house behind the chapel. She gladly allowed us to enter the building and take pictures inside. While she got the key, we played with her dog, who was enthusiastic about our occupation with him ...

Siloam Methodist Chapel was built in 1833, rebuilt in 1866 and modified in 1878. The 1886 chapel was built in the Sub-Classical style of the gable-entry type. Siloam closed in 1993 and has since been converted for secular use. The current owner bought the church a few years ago and uses it today as a storage area.

• By JohnnyThunderdrone
      Explored alone the forbidden catacombs of París, the most amazing experience that I have lived as an urban explorer, I will repeat soon: