TrevBish.co.uk

Belgium ATELIER CENTRAL - BELGIUM - MAY 2018

An old train repair facility. Linked with one of the big steel works in Belgium. Now all closed. Things date back to around 2012. I think it closed around this time. the place isn't a bad mooch. a few people living inside taking copper. 

IMG_0253-HDR.jpg

IMG_0256-HDR.jpg

IMG_0267-HDR.jpg

IMG_0282-HDR.jpg

IMG_0286-HDR.jpg

IMG_0304-HDR.jpg

IMG_0313-HDR.jpg

IMG_0316-HDR.jpg

IMG_0322-HDR.jpg

IMG_0325-HDR.jpg

IMG_0331-HDR.jpg

IMG_0334-HDR.jpg

IMG_0340-HDR.jpg

IMG_0343-HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By AlexAvenue
      Strolling trough the mountains we came across an interesting site.
      Abandoned cars and a lot of junk on the side of a steep mountain. 
      we have no idea how it got there, but here is a quick look at the spooky abandoned cars of La-Roche.

• By AlexAvenue
      In the Belgian Ardenne mountains on a spit of land in the small town of La-Roche de Ardenne, Lies a camp site beyond anything i have ever seen.
      A camping in rapid state of decline, the most uncomfortable place i have ever seen. Dirty and riddled with trash... 
      Oh and the abandoned camp site is right next to it, so don't mistake  the two. one just looks abandoned and one is.
      But feeling our way in darkness we did come across some amazing finds. 

• By Landie_Man
      As part of another backlog of our West Country Trip, @Mookster, our American Explorer Friend @cgrizzy and myself traveled to this rather derpy site.  It's one of the list but little of interest remains inside; though its quite large, with long concrete voids with some pretty good Graffiti in places.  
      Not much was going on inside; except some kids with a makeshift skate park in the middle who seemed slightly suprised to spot us.   There is some really cool shots of nature reclaiming in here; lots growing everywhere and areas have collapsed.

The Dries in Wenford were built in the early part of the 20th century (likely post-1907) to serve the local china clay pit at Stannon on Bodmin Moor.  
      China Clay in liquid form was carried in a pipeline from the pit to the settling tanks behind the dries. 

The dries operated until the final closure in 2002 (aside from a brief closure during WWII). The works were originally built by the Stannon China Clay Company, but were acquired by English China Clays in 1919. The choice of site was heavily influenced by the presence of an existing railway line leading from Wenford Bridge which was originally constructed to carry granite from the nearby De Lank quarries. The dry was built adjacent to the railway line and a large private siding was built to connect to the network.

More At:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/landie_man/albums/72157701301733375
    • By BrotherHoodUrbex
      History
      Maes Mynan care home was a two floor 33 bedroom care home on a site of 2.6 acres.
      The care home was for the elderly and it had its own day service and its own respite service for a short stay and emergency placements.
      The site was bought in 2013 by the healthcare company and has been left untouched since.
      The building itself we could not find much history about or anything about when the care home opened.

Our Visit
      We decided to visit this place when we went out on a day trip to Engedi chapel (report will be up soon).
      On the way back we still had a lot of daylight left so we thought we would stop in and have a look at this site after seeing a report.
      The surrounding area was very overgrown and there was a long pathway leading up to the build.
      The site itself was in pretty good condition, well worth the visit if you have any free time.
      Be mindful if you do visit as just at the back of the site, there is a house that we assumed is occupied.

• By teddybear
      probably a well known site. It was more then 4 years ago that i visited this one so a revisit was planned.
      On a sunny Sunday I went alone to this site;following the same path as 4 yeas ago,but wanted to see some other parts of this giant plant. Walked there for more than 4 hours and still not seen everything. Unfortunately the metal thieves were also active that day,removing metal ,so sometimes little parts and bolts fell down near the blast furnace. They even used a grinder. Security had a day of I think. (heard that 2 weeks before,some explores were caught here by security). It makes U think.
      Again a nice view from the top,and nice place to take a break.When I was up there ,I heard a lot of sirens and fire trucks  coming towards the site,but (un)fortunately) there was a small fire in a home near the site.

IMG_2238-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_2252-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_2357-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_2312-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_2282-Edit-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_2362-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_2395-Pano-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_2381-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_2421-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_2429 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_2432 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_2447-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr