Chateau Marianne / Chateau Alchimiste

History

Not much history on this location but it was rumoured to be have been once occupied by a former professor. The chateau is located in a small, rural town in France. The town's residents have halved in the last 40 years and it was beginning to look quite run down. I can imagine the nickname  'Alchimiste' (which means Alchemist in French) came from all the chemistry equipment left behind such as: test tubes, syringes, bottles, cylinders and beakers.  It seems the previous inhabitant was also a bit of an artist, we found many paintings scattered around the house and a large collection in the attic, as well as a small studio in an upstairs room. 

Visit

I visited this beautiful chateau on a euro trip with @PROJ3CTM4YH3M. We went the previous night to check to see if it was accessible and boy we were in for a shock! Neither of us realised how much stuff had been left and how interesting the contents were. We both particularly liked the framed butterfly collection which was hung up in one of the living rooms, as it reminded us of the film 'Silence of the Lambs.'  After a short investigation we decided to return the following day and booked a hotel in a nearby town.  Arriving the next morning once sun had risen, the place was really brought into it's element. So, as always, hope you enjoy my photos!

27608233037_e999c48908_o.jpg

27608231447_354454b09e_o.jpg

41756677354_7d25026d4f_o.jpg

41756679494_16b99c7efa_o.jpg

41576398965_6ffb021ec9_o.jpg     

42478887911_24d64de669_o.jpg

41576399645_b4e323cf60_o.jpg

42478892801_91f3cedd0f_o.jpg

27608254657_b488332877_o.jpg

27608257507_9224012c1c_o.jpg

42478891361_b59d86b3db_o.jpg

42428381852_b0c01ab21c_o.jpg

27608229827_c5ca976744_o.jpg

27608256187_3d9cbf2bc9_o.jpg

42478886281_f4763c586d_o.jpg

42478889421_077bdebf21_o.jpg

41576400495_81af1e4653_o.jpg

42428382422_8661a985cf_o.jpg

42428381102_9665ed358a_o.jpg

If you've got this far, thanks for reading :thumb

• Like 8

I remember your excitement at this one  but i didnt realise it was this good! Lovely pics too. Loving all those vintage bottles especially! 😋😋😃😃😁😁😃😃😋😋

Edited by a World in Ruins
Spelling

21 hours ago, a World in Ruins said:

I remember your excitement at this one  but i didnt realise it was this good! Lovely pics too. Loving all those vintage bottles especially! 😋😋😃😃😁😁😃😃😋😋

It was beautiful 😍 I'll have to take you when we go to France! The vintage bottles made me so happy haha! 😄

This place is absolutely fantastic. Old furniture, pictures, bottles and chemistry things, decay ... Awesome, exactly my taste. I would love to see it by my own. Really great.

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:51 AM, Andy said:

This place is absolutely fantastic. Old furniture, pictures, bottles and chemistry things, decay ... Awesome, exactly my taste. I would love to see it by my own. Really great.

Thank you! Yeah, it was right up my street! If you end up in France at any point I'd definitely recommend popping in :)

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:07 PM, AndyK! said:

Some lovely pics there, nice job

Thank you Andy :)

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:36 PM, Satori said:

Amazing!!! congratulation👌

Thank you 😃

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:29 PM, Dubbed Navigator said:

This is absoutely top drawer, great location, great writeup, super sharp pics. :comp:

Thank you very much!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By .Gh0ast
      The Chateau LadyBug is a beautiful place to explore, with a lot of different styles and photo opportunities.
      The main building was built during the XIXth century.
      It became a restaurant during the 80's when a rich investor decided to reconvert himself in the restauration.
      He renovate the place to reach the standards of the most famous restaurants, hire a famous cook and won a star in the Michelin Guide quickly.
      Things turned bad for the owner when his chief cook decided to quit.
      Then, he tried to test his luck again by hiring two new cook, but without success, at all...
      Customers started to desert the place, bills started to piles up and bankrupt arrived few months later.

Currently, the place is for sale for more than 2M.
      We explored it just in time before it was closed and cameras were installed.

• By lucan
      The company was established in 1949 , they relocated in 2015 to a more central location and just left the site ,
      there is a small petrol station at the front consisting of two bungalows , one is fairly empty and the other is full of paperwork from the petrol sales , 
      not a huge ammount left in the factory but a fair bit of office stuff laying round and a few work stations , decaying nicely in a few places
      on with the pics from my visit 

thanks for looking
    • By Landie_Man
      I had been waiting to do this one for a month or so; but simply hadn't found the time to hop on the M40 and up to Brum.  
      It was a good opportunity to meet up with some explorers whom I have been chatting to for the best part of ten years or so and do an explore at the same time!  

We arrived here mid morning one Sunday and once inside; the beauty of the place was revealed!  I really loved this place.  

Again though; it was full of the new age era of explorers; about a dozen of them, some videoing and some just shooting photos.  It's rare you bump into a person on explores, but lately its been every explore.  This one was flavour of the month back in the summer though!!

After the explore, we went to Costco for a cheap lunch in the canteen there and had a nice, chilled drive around the local area looking for other sites

The Hall, built between 1903 and 1904 by architects Ewan Harper and James Harper and the terracotta was made by Gibbs and Canning ltd of Tamworth, is situated at the northern end of Corporation Street in Birmingham. 

The hall is a 3 storey red brick and terracotta building with Grade II Listing on it, with  2000 seats in the main halll over 30 additional rooms including 3 school halls. 
      By 1991, the building had been converted into a nightclub which closed in 2002, but reopened as the Q Club in 2007. 
      This club's last event at the premises was "Flashback" in 2011. During its time as a Night Club 3 deaths were reported.  
      -A punter jumped off the tower in 1998 
      -A clubber OD'd in 2000 
      -A stabbing outside in 2008. 
      The Club reopened in 2012, but closed in 2016.  

In 2018; Birmingham city council granted planning permission to convert it into a 147 room hotel costing £35 million.
      Works have begun and are expected to be complete by 2020.

I just love the contrast between old and new here; with the older Methodists Hall and the big, modern buildings springing up around it.  There is a live part of the building and as we were there, a Gospel Band were practicing literally behind the wall; a strong scent of Jerk Chicken was filling the rooms of the abandoned part.  

Thanks for Looking, more of the Hall at:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/landie_man/albums/72157674880523028
    • By Landie_Man
      So back in August (yes I'm slow as ever!); a non-explorer friend and myself visited The Springs in Wallingford, which at the time was a bit of a local tourist trap; but it was an afternoon out!
      It had really dawned on me at this point which way this hobby is going these days.  No word of a lie; there was at least 15 people in that hotel, all this new wave of "YouTube Explorer" we all have our opinions of.  They were all nice enough there and then, but a couple were very, very loud and had small children with them.  

Inevitably, a member of staff of the live Golf Course this was on came and flushed everyone out, myself and my friend sat in an old en-suite upstairs and waited for it to die down.  
      After that; we explored for an hour and a half or so; not much to see here, fairly plain, but it was an enjoyable day out.  Upon exit the same Golf Course Staff found us, but were polite and we were on our way.
      The original build dates back to 1874; a Mock Tudor Style building, this Victorian Villa has been massively altered and extended from the original. 

Rock Star Ian Gillan of Deep Purple, purchased the villa in 1973 and was behind its and installed a guitar shaped swimming pool in the grounds behind the building before its later conversion into a 32 bedroom hotel. 

The last owners bought the hotel in 1995 and added a large golf course and club to the grounds. 

The Springs finally closed in 2014 after the owners could no longer afford the vast upkeep.  The Golf Club however; voted one of the best in Oxfordshire is still open.

As Always Guys, Thank You.  More Hotel At:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/landie_man/albums/72157674868589418
    • By Tanya Rees
      Abandoned shop and home - This place has been abandoned for some time right in the middle of a village, sorry I'm unable to give much more information as these next two posts I have promised not to give out the locations to preserve the site and I would not want to jeopardize my source as I respect them too much to be disrespectful.