Nwoodco1

Places to explore in East Texas!

Hello, I just joined this forum because my friends and I are traveling out to Choke Canyon SP later this summer and I would like some cool/abandoned places to explore and didn't know where to look, so I came here! Hopefully you all have some good places to share.

Screenshot_20180611-084332_Maps.jpg

Thats a very specific area, so I have a feeling you may not find what you are looking for. Best bet is to get invovled with the forums, and hopefully you will find something to your taste :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Wicked Sunday
      Hello urban explorers. 

I have lately been discovering the world of urban exploring, and have some great experiences solo exploring  'haunted' areas at night. The kind of adrenaline coming from visiting such place alone at night is terrifying yet very satisfying. I wish to keep up with my new hobby, but I have trouble finding places with a horror story which are not abaondoned. Perhaps it may seem lazy to 'just ask' it this way, but I can asure that I have been spending quite some days to pinpoint the right locations (it's always a far drive coming from the Netherlands).

For the next week I will make a roadtrip from my home town Coevorden in the Netherlands to Belgrado in Serbia. I am hoping somebody may have experience or a story about a 'haunted' place across my route.
    • By crabb
      Built in 1871 but had been refurbished at some point.
       Now, I don't do heights.. So I was chuffed to see my mate practically run towards it in excitement and go first. It was pretty high and the grated floor was not ideal if you wanted to avoid looking down. 
      The tower probably stands around 40-50 ft but exact measurements are unknown at this point.
      Apart from the odd clanging of metal under our footsteps and how wobbly it was, it was a good first climb like this for me!
      Got some snaps as usual, enjoy! 

• By Mick12
      I need places to explore in king county washington
    • By SouthCoastUrbex
      Hi all I'm back again!

Today we went and visited an old boarding school in Chichester. We did not know if the place was abandoned but we got a tip to say it "might" be abandoned. Well...we went to check out this place and my god it has got to be one of the better ones I've been to. No graffiti onsite but just an awesome explore all in all!

HISTORY:

The site itself originally started life as a boarding school and has a full range of classrooms, studios and offices. They had an onsite IT room which could fit up to 20 students at a time and also 2 large greenhouses for training in horticultural skills. The centre itself was very highly-regarded in the area and was built within the grounds of a grade II listed house. It went on to become a residential educational and training centre until the site officially closed its doors in 2011.

Enjoy the video and if you really liked it feel free to subscribe to our channel!