_DSC2474.jpg.e6b7b52b4883868cfc5fd6544ec88983.jpg

_DSC2492.jpg.7dc81c887605938e20ab69a3a1eac4ea.jpg

_DSC2501.jpg.7fed4a016e0f1877813a508e61376503.jpg

_DSC2574.jpg.0fba844e6bdd53863522fe0010b11dc7.jpg

_DSC2649-2.jpg.91cd507178c93ff1d8c5e2a665eb78d0.jpg

_DSC3099.jpg.9e5d2c7eb2ae6aa130a8501583086db1.jpg

Edited by bob
  • Like 5

Very nice collection. There are a lot of beautiful abandoned churches / chapels in Italy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Andy
      I’ve visited this nice theater during my 10 day trip to Italy this summer. Located in the center of a small town, access was very easy. Although there were people on the street outside, but they were not interested in us. Unfortunately, I know nothing about its history.

• By Andy
      Not quite the kind of pictures I usually take - this time, unfortunately, only smartphone shots in a moderate to terrible quality ...

The search for access took a little longer. No chance from the front. So on the back accross a field, through thorn hedges, and finally climb over a gate, a wall and over a pile of rubble ...  On one side, parts of the house had already collapsed, where I was able to climb through a wall gap into the interior.
      The property belonged to the owner of a brickyard. A calendar showed "November 1967". Maybe the house has been abandoned at that time.

• By Andy
      A small abandoned church, but with a lot and nice interior. It was built in 1927.
      The way through blackberry thorns was not really comfortable with shorts. During the visit, there was also a storm with lots of rain.

• By Andy
      Discovered while searching on Google Earth. A larger property with several buildings and holey roofs, set off the beaten track. So of course I had to go there and check it ...
      Decades ago it was apparently started with the renovation, which eventually came to a standstill again. The buildings were partly surrounded by overgrown scaffolding, but unfortunately completely stripped. Inside there was a large fireplace and a room with wall and ceiling paintings, that could only be accessed via one of the scaffolding. The upper floors of the partly overgrown, ruinous gate tower, whose staircase has probably caved in ages ago, were no longer accessible.
      On the net, I could found the information that the palazzo was originally from the first half of the 17th century. With the death of Count von M., the noble family of the builder family died out at the end of the 19th century. Most recently, the property (at this time owned by a monastery) was used as a wine store at the beginning of the 20th century.

• By The Urban Tourist
      This time I was actually in vacation with two friends of mine (they aren't explorers), but while we were organising all of our trip we decided to explore this abandoned and untouched printing works (hope that this is a proper name) that I had discovered a few weeks before. Those 2 guys were a couple of graphic designers so they enjoyed the visit even more.

This plant used to create mostly the "Action Transfers", which are called "Trasferelli" in Italy: today they are produced mostly on commission and not for business.

If you want the complete album, here it is: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmr2nWrm