abandoned

Italy Power stations , Italy , Sept. 2017

Nice pictures!

Even if these are different places, it would be nice to know something about the buildings. For example you could write something about the history and / or a short report about the exploration.

• Like 1

I was taken to them buy a Italian urbexer and we spent 2 full on days and 1200k's going all over the show so I have very little info to give . 

All I know is that they are in the north of Italy , 1st , 2nd , 3rd and 7th photos are the remains of a 1920'ish hydroelectric and the 4th , 5th and 6th photos was 1950ish coal or gas  . 7th photo shows some words on the far wall , I understand that they mean "No smoking" . Some switch boards around that plant were made out of solid slabs of marble up to 2m high with bare wires linking the connectors behind them so it must of been very dangerous working around them !   Both had newer operating  power stations running right along side them so it wasnt easy to get in especially the first one  , matter of fact I am very lucky that I didnt brake a leg getting back over a high fence , in a bit of a panic when we heard a car coming I went to  quickly jump into long grass from the top of the 2.5m high fence . The leg of my jeans got cort on the top of the fence , somehow I managed to still land upright  . 

Sorry that I cant tell you where but  I couldnt even find my way back to them if you  gave me transport to go there ! 

I have a load more photos from that insane  2 days that I will share at a later date .

• Like 1

Thank you.

Just to avoid misunderstandings: It was not about finding out where the places are or to know their real names. It's simply nicer to add a little report to the photos as well. That's all. :) 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Andy
      The (now ruinous) 18th-century villa with conservatories was purchased by the wealthy merchant Giuseppe Calamai, consul of Russia, in 1771 and used as a country estate. Due to financial difficulties, the Calamai family was forced to sell the villa in 1821 to Count Giovanni Giraud.

A few years later the villa became the property of the Polish prince Stanisław Poniatowski. After his death in 1833, his widow sold the estate in 1847 to the rich Greek merchant Pandely Maurogordato. Maurogordato extended the building magnificently and he set up gardens and a large park - planted with palm trees, cedars of Lebanon, pines of Aleppo, eucalyptus, lime trees, plane trees, holm oaks, cypresses and oaks.
      During the Second World War, the family had to leave the villa, and in 1949, the heirs sold the entire property to the "provincial antitubercular consortium". In 1973, the consortium leased the park and buildings to the community, until it was finally abandoned.

Although the villa is a listed building, it has been falling into ruin for a long time. Today, in its ruinous condition, you can only guess the former glory of this once splendid villa and its two conservatories.
      The entrance to the ruin was not too difficult. I just had to crawl through a low hole in the back area.

• By jones-y-gog
      Originally opened in 1833 as Connaght District Lunatic Asylum, later changing its name.  I found a very interesting write up on the below link, which is where I copied this -

It was intended for the care of ‘curable lunatics’ and opened in a spirit of optimism with regard to its progressive role in public health. Its history, however, is one of continual struggle: to prevent the admission of unsuitable cases, to secure additional funding and to offer reasonable standards of care under difficult conditions. In common with the majority of other District Asylums, the CDLA was continually overcrowded, housing in November 1900, for example, 1,165 patients in accommodation designed to hold 840.   
      https://www.historyireland.com/18th-19th-century-history/tales-from-the-big-house-the-connacht-district-lunatic-asylum-in-the-late-nineteenth-century/

Exactly a year ago I went over to Ireland with pretty much just 2 locations I was desperately keen to visit. After failing to find any access at the first (another asylum) I drove west. It was a lovely bright, autumnal day and eventually I found myself inside. All was fine for 10-15 minutes until I turned round to find myself face-to-face with a gentleman who I guess was a caretaker of sorts. I hadn't heard him make any noise to alert me he was there and so I was in a mild state of shock! He told me that there had been some recent vandalism but after a few minutes of chatting I managed to persuade him not to evict me or alert the authorities. For that I was incredibly grateful. 

Here is my collection (a bit corridor-heavy)

• By Andy
      I found the house with the red dress by coincidence - discovered this summer while visiting the "Chiesa in tempesta e pioggia". The house was right next to this church, and obviously it was also abandoned.
      The access way and the property were already quite overgrown. The old wooden door just stood open, so the house literally invited me to take a look inside.

It seems the building has been originally a mill and was probably rebuilt for living only later. As a decorative element, the large millstone was still in the middle of the living room.
      Upstairs were various pieces of furniture with floral paintings from the time of historicism (1850-1890). Furthermore, in front of the house was an old wooden cart / hay wagon, which was also decorated with floral paintings.
      All in all, a nice chance find. Besides, really great, absolutely no vandalism there. 

• By Andy
      Meanwhile, this Italian villa of a football coach is pretty well known, and several things has changed there.
      Only a dusty dirt road leads to it and from outside the house looks quite inconspicuous. But once again proves: Don't judge a book by its cover...!

• By Andy
      I already have had this castle on my map for a few years and I also wanted to visit it since then. But finally I only came to its area this summer.

Located on the hill above the castle is a chapel and on the way there, along the wall around the castle, were really a lot of tourists. But luckily we found a way over the wall in a blind spot.

The castle was built in 1860 as a summer residence on a small island. It remained in the hands of the same family until 1975 when it was sold on. Developers eventually planned to convert it into a 5 star beauty farm but they went bust in 2010 half way through the renovation. Work stopped and the castle has been up for sale ever since. Unfortunately the castle is mostly stripped, but it still has some great rooms & ceilings.