jane doe

UK Predannack Airfield 2010

Predannack opened in 1941 as an RAF base, but today is the satellite airfield to RNAS Culdrose - it is a restricted MOD site and an active airfield used daily for flying training and also provides our Fire Fighting training facility. The area is heavily utilised by Culdrose helicopter squadrons, light fixed wing aircraft and, on an occasional basis by other aircraft types including jet aircraft, for a variety of reasons. Predominantly crews are involved in intensive training sorties involving a high cockpit workload. On average there is in excess of 2000 aircraft moves a month at the unit. The airfield is also used by the Fire Training School for live fire fighting and rescue instruction/exercises and there is also a rifle range at Predannack which is frequently used for live weapon firings. Additionally the airfield is used for a variety of additional tasks when the Control Tower is unmanned e.g. gliding.

Aeroplane Graveyard Cornwall 009.JPG

Aeroplane Graveyard Cornwall 052.JPG

Aeroplane Graveyard Cornwall 015.JPG

Aeroplane Graveyard Cornwall 084.JPG

Aeroplane Graveyard Cornwall 020.JPG

Aeroplane Graveyard Cornwall 027.JPG

Aeroplane Graveyard Cornwall 039.JPG

Aeroplane Graveyard Cornwall 055.JPG

Aeroplane Graveyard Cornwall 061.JPG

Aeroplane Graveyard Cornwall 080.JPG

Aeroplane Graveyard Cornwall 072.JPG

Aeroplane Graveyard Cornwall 050.JPG

Aeroplane Graveyard Cornwall 063.JPG

Aeroplane Graveyard Cornwall 091.JPG

Edited by hamtagger
Added text as requested :)
  • Like 7

Pretty cool place this is :) 

Can you add some narrative/history to the report please? 👍

Interesting place and really nice shots!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By jakeurbexphotography
      On the outskirts of Fishburn lies the derelict Winterton hospital. Winterton hospital used to be very big however most of its buildings were demolished and this part is the only building that remains of it. All of the windows are boarded up however when we got there it looked like someone had pulled the entire doorway off causing the whole thing to open making an entry so easy. Inside the building is in terrible condition, (similar to St. peter's) with collapsed floors, wallpaper peeling, water damage etc. We also didn't realise at the time that the building had asbestos but luckily we had masks so make sure to bring one if you're planning on going inside. We were unable to access the top floor due to the floor being so bad so we only got photos from the corridor as we came up the stairs. That all being said, winterton hospital does have a lot of history and it is a shame to see it left in such a poor state. 

Just off the A66 in Darlington, there is an abandoned farm called Little Burdon farm, it has been derelict for at least a decade. It consists of different buildings being from a farmhouse to old barns or stables. There's really two farmhouses, a red brick one and a more modern white house. It also looks like some refurbishment/demolition has taken place but again has been held off or abandoned. The farm was built around the 1830s and is grade 2 listed. There is no security here and is easy to get into all of the buildings. That being said the buildings are indeed derelict so some floors are dangerous and can't be accessed. In the white house building, part of the upstairs floor has been removed due to the refurbishment works but has been left standing as it is.  It also looks like the rooms have been stripped out and all electrics and gas pipes have been removed. 

On the outskirts of Middlesbrough there is an abandoned nursing home in a housing estate. The building was originally constructed in 1825 however it was not fully built until 1858. The use was originally a house however in the 1980s the owner sold the house and converted it into a nursing home. The home closed down in 2005 and has been empty since. Recent arson attempts have occurred at Normanby Hall and the place is well secure and hidden from the housing estate. All of the gardens and road to it are overgrown and makes it almost impossible to even know it is still there! The building is in derelict condition and there are currently no plans as of demolition or refurbishment, which is quite sad considering this is a spectacular looking house. 

anyway here are the photos, enjoy!

This place is not too far from where I live. i have heard all about it's history and decided to have a look inside and get some photos of the building itself. The place is an absolute death trap, ceiling's fallen through, water ingress all over etc. It started early life in 1900 as a roman catholic orphanage until 1940 when it became an approved borstal until 1984. During this period there has been reports of physical and sexual abuse which happened at St. Peter's over the years. in 1984 the school closed down and was sold for £130,000. The buyers bought the buildings and converted the main building into a nursing home for the elderly. Again this was in operation until closure in march 1999. The main building was demolished in 2016 due to a massive 9 hour fire and is only the gymnasium and the reception building that remain on the premises. 

As you can see in the photos the building is severely damaged due to dampness and vandalism. 

• By jones-y-gog
      As I was flicking through old files recently i noticed that I'd only processed about half of the pics from here. So I decided it was about bloody time I did - this is the condensed version. 

If you are interested in reading more about the institution I would recommend reading the info on the attached link, it really is fascinating. 

https://www.countyasylums.co.uk/st-georges-morpeth/

Notes on my visit - initially I was chuffed to enjoy a stress-free visit as it was known for being a bit of a tricky one. Later that was replaced by bitter disappointment when I got to the most iconic part of the place (the ivy bathrooms). The walls had been completely covered in graffiti possibly as little as a few weeks prior. And I'm talking the most worst kind, no artistic merit whatsoever and no way of editing out in photoshop. Anyway I guess there are plenty of other shots that give a little insight into what it was like. 'Was' being the word as most of the buildings have now been demolished to build housing on the site.