Falcon house. It's been in Swindon since the early days of this towns birth and has been sat empty and abandoned for 16 years.  

It was said to be the very first headquarters for the well known company zurich, an insurance company, but was promptly moved to a more practical and efficient property.

The old office block is situated in Swindon town centre on top of a car park right near the entrance to town, which is an eye sore to some but a worthy explore for us. 

There was nothing much left, only old phones and some really old school computer stuff. 

It was the view at the end of the video that made it all worth it, being the second highest point in the town aside from the john murray building.  What a view! 

So please enjoy this video by my good friend and make sure to check out the channel! Have fun out there,

C

• Like 1

Most of the floors looked alike with nothing worth documenting so we didn't show every floor, but yes this place was covered from bottom to top and back down again and the view at the end is what made it worth it. That and how long it has been sat there and no one has recorded it so had to be done. We are trying to look for some more photogenic places that no one has done. So gonna have to travel as my local area is pretty much done now. Thanks for the comments though!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By PaulRevz
      may 2019
      I have no info about this camp in the wood near Coed Trefaith

• By PaulRevz
      may 2019

Anzio Camp

The Anzio Camp is situated near Leek in Staffordshire.
      The camp was first used by the US Army in 1943, to house troops.

In 1945/6 the camp was taken over by Polish troops.
      After the war it was used as a civilian settlement by the Poles until 1963/4 when they were moved to a purpose built site half a mile north of the camp
      I cannot find much information on what the camp was used for between 1963 and the early 80's.
      In 1980 the MOD took over the site and it was used as a training camp for Regular and Territorial Army troops and also scouts and cadets.
      The camp closed in 2004 as it was deemed surplus to requirements by the MOD

It was bought in 2006 by care operator John Munroe Hospital, of Rudyard, with a view to developing a care home.
      But the site was again sold, in July 2007, to a consortium of Courtyard Property Group and Smartwright Developments.
      Planning officers recommended that the planning application is refused on the grounds that the site lies within open countryside on the fringe of the Peak District National Park, which is designated as a Special Landscape Area.
      In 2010 the site was sold again to an Air soft company called first and Only.

• By PaulRevz
      Came across Abandon Factory didnt know what it was at first, May 2019

Kwik Save is a British discount supermarket chain that was founded in Wales. It had shops across the United Kingdom. It went into administration in July 2007, but was brought back in April 2012. Its shops were small to medium sized high street supermarkets, mainly located in areas with below average incomes.
      It struggled to make profits during the 2000s, as superstore operators such as Asda, Tesco and Sainsbury's introduced their own budget brands, and foreign discounters such as Lidl, Aldi and Netto (who all arrived in the United Kingdom during the first half of the 1990s) expanded.[1]
      The company was listed on the London Stock Exchange, and was once a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. It went into administration on 6 July 2007, and closed most of its shops across the United Kingdom, with the remaining 56 being sold to a new company, FreshXpress, which itself went into administration in March 2008.[2]
      It was then resurrected in a smaller form with nine shops, but this second incarnation of FreshXpress went into administration, and ceased trading in 2009. All remaining shops have since been closed.[3] In 2012, the brand was relaunched as a budget fascia for convenience shops supplied by Costcutter.[4][5]

• By Urban_Moocher
      I know this has been on the radar for a while now but for whatever reason i'd not got around to perusing it for myself. After a day of no sleep and totally battered i should have perhaps kept it on the back burner too. However, what a rather delightful and quaint little place it is, although i did notice that the good lord had not prevented people going through the floor boards. 
      I figure the history of this place is well documented. Condensed version is that it served the Roman Catholic section of the local community since the 1930's till its closure, i'm really pleased i eventually took time out for it. 

Thankfully my friend is fully qualified and absolved me of my past sins , well, the ones i admit to

• By urblex
      Explored with my partner, who told me about this place, was completely unaware that i was passing it on the bus every day until she told me about it... Wasn't really expecting it to be that good but really enjoyed it. Didn't look like we were going to find a way in at first but i found what i thought was a pretty cool access point, even if it was a bit cobweby 

Not sure exactly when it closed but they closed due to being an awful place to leave your dog, they sound pretty bad and from what I've heard i wouldn't leave a dog with them. Here is a 'review' from 2008;
      "We have used the one at Greeba a few years back and I decided not to return when, on collection, our Lab jumped into the boot of the car with such force that he, literally, bounced back out again. I also read in the paper not long after that they had lost a dog and some kind of hearing resulted. I can't remember if they had their licence revoked or had been fined, but they stopped taking boarders after that."