Hi guys, 

Hope you're all good! I'm an urban explorer and am writing an article for Vice's new adventure website (it's called Amuse) about mine exploration and what drives people to explore mines. I'm looking to include obviously some real comments from real explorers on what drives them to explore, the best things they've found and on some hot topics, like how they make sure their trips are safe etc.

Obviously as it's for the Vice network it's looking to tell the true story of the explorers, so would be cool to hear from anyone who would like to send comments? I'm on [email protected] or send me a message or comment on here and we can chat? 

Thanks!

Adam

Hi @Adambl, i'd suggest getting involved with the community before asking something like this. You will probably gain some decent insights by doing so, as well as potentially more return on the shout out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Hooismans
      History
      This coal mine was established in 1910 and was funded by the Prussian empire. This facility contained two elevator towers. In 1912 the construction began on a cokes plant right next to the coal mine. 
      In 1943 the mine shut down due to the second world war, after 6 years the mine reopened again. With this reopening there was also a major renovation, with this renovation there was a larger modern elevator added to the facility. In 1998 the facility was bought by a big coal mining corporation which owned 5 other coal mines. In 2008 the  98 year old coal mining facility was closed down by the government. The historic part is currently being restored and the part that was renovated after the war will probably be torn down. 

Explore
      The entrance was *access details removed*. when we got in we first went trough a whole system with conveyer belts, after that we ended up in the huge coal washery. after we explored this part we went up into the elevator tower. The tower was 10 floors high so we were quite tired then we were on the tower but it was really worth it, in the tower there was an enormous electrical lift motor which was really nice to take pictures from. It was a really cool place to explore, I really enjoyed it! 

Thanks for reading and looking! 

• By Anna Jacobsen
      Exploring Ex Soviets Wittstock Air base was a blast. First I must say sorry about the filming as the sd card got currupt some how. It's not my best work

• By Luke_z_Olomoca
      Excavation to an area rich in slate deposits, which is still being mined today. The slate was mined here in the 19th century and most of the mines were closed during World War II. The area runs a nature trail, which will inform tourists about the area and the history of the mining. But we decided to explore the area from underground. Some underground rooms are truly dominant and reach truly incredible proportions. I do not have any pictures, but I did a video at least. 

• By SouthCoastUrbex
      Hi all! Another from us, this time an abandoned Nightclub which has huge bank vaults in the 2 separate basements! Enjoy

HISTORY: So the building itself was built around 1940 and was designed for the bank of England. The site itself is built with 2 separate basements with one of them being a gold vault containing, you got it, gold. In 1994 it became the 'The Walkabout' however after this didn't go to plan it was then brought out and became Wahoo (Which the signs are still up on the outside of it). It is due to be converted into student accommodation.

• By JohnnyThunderdrone
      Hello explorers, today I explore a sawmill from the 50's full of many details, including one of the first jeep vehicles that arrived in Spain, i hope to enjoy.