A very strange house of an artist or similar. Very overgrown, in the middle of a small forest. Inhabited by at least 10,000 bloodthirsty mosquitoes ...!

Unfortunately, some of the ornate statues have been destroyed in recent months.

Inside it was quite dark, so I lit the photos with a torch.

bild01.jpg

bild02.jpg

bild03.jpg

bild04.jpg

bild05.jpg

bild06.jpg

bild07.jpg

bild08.jpg

bild09.jpg

bild10.jpg

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Andy
      I found the house with the red dress by coincidence - discovered this summer while visiting the "Chiesa in tempesta e pioggia". The house was right next to this church, and obviously it was also abandoned.
      The access way and the property were already quite overgrown. The old wooden door just stood open, so the house literally invited me to take a look inside.

It seems the building has been originally a mill and was probably rebuilt for living only later. As a decorative element, the large millstone was still in the middle of the living room.
      Upstairs were various pieces of furniture with floral paintings from the time of historicism (1850-1890). Furthermore, in front of the house was an old wooden cart / hay wagon, which was also decorated with floral paintings.
      All in all, a nice chance find. Besides, really great, absolutely no vandalism there. 

• By Andy
      Meanwhile, this Italian villa of a football coach is pretty well known, and several things has changed there.
      Only a dusty dirt road leads to it and from outside the house looks quite inconspicuous. But once again proves: Don't judge a book by its cover...!

• By Andy
      I already have had this castle on my map for a few years and I also wanted to visit it since then. But finally I only came to its area this summer.

Located on the hill above the castle is a chapel and on the way there, along the wall around the castle, were really a lot of tourists. But luckily we found a way over the wall in a blind spot.

The castle was built in 1860 as a summer residence on a small island. It remained in the hands of the same family until 1975 when it was sold on. Developers eventually planned to convert it into a 5 star beauty farm but they went bust in 2010 half way through the renovation. Work stopped and the castle has been up for sale ever since. Unfortunately the castle is mostly stripped, but it still has some great rooms & ceilings.

• By Andy
      I discovered this beautiful cemetery during planning my last trip to Italy this summer. Our accommodation was nearby, so we visited the cemetery.
      In addition to beautiful statues, I also found several old tombs there, which partly seemingly fell into oblivion and are no longer maintained. Fortunately, most of these mausoleums were not locked, so I was able to take pictures inside of them.

History
      The monumental cemetery behind the basilica already existed in the beginning of the 17th century, probably even much earlier. It was redesigned and enlarged by galleries with urn graves in 1870. Today it's considered one of the most beautiful burial places of the region.
      Because its place is limited, older tombs sometimes are  auctioned for a new use. Recently, a grave monument for two persons was sold for 19,000 euros in the summer of 2018.