Wicked Sunday

Poland Poorly maintained graveyard Częstochowa | August 2017

I was on my solo roadtrip through Poland seeking for and abandonned railyard in Częstochowa. While searching I encountered a German person living in the area who showed me the road towards the railyard. While walking towards this place I discovered how odd Częstochowa can be: right in the middle of some appartment complexes there was a huge satellite dish visible. It was standing in a  sculpture garden behind a building that seemed like a dance club. The local walking along with me told me that the owner of the dish was loaded and bought the dish for a few million just in order to send club music right into space. Rumour has it he actually did recieve some vague contact in the form of some hz, but this is not confirmed. 

Anyway, while arriving at the railyard I saw men working at the location. This 'abandonned' (Google) railyard was not abandonned at all! Great, there went my excitement. 

Fortunatly the local knew about some jewish graveyard which he stated "you should definitly visit". And so I did. I went there and it was exactly as how I hoped it would be: open graves and the worse maintainence ever performed. It was like a movie. I knew I had to be back here by night. 

So I had to pass time 'till midnight in Częstochowa. While cruising around the city I got chased by a Fiat Panda. While I thought some guys just wanted to fight me, it appeared they were undercover policemen chasing me on suspision of drugs. Two huge blokes coming out of that Fiat Panda (80% of traffic is faster than a Panda??) and my car got searched. First Dutchman without drugs, so I moved on. 

Midnight: 

I went back, the long road through industry and a bit of forresty roads. While I was walking the graveyard I knew my mind would play tricks on me. Flashing the light around I heared animals running away.. But then I heared some big footsteps coming from a dense bush. I tried everything to find out what it was except entering that bush, since I was alone and unweaponized. Up 'till now I do not know what it was. At a gasstation someone told me it might have been a bear, can anybody confirm the possibility of this? Otherwise I may need to go back just to end the frustration of the unknown. 

I was hoping to upload the video related to this, but I can only upload photos. There are not so many of them but I hope you enjoy them. 

PS I do have some more photos if interested, but it might mess up the length of this topic. 

CameraZOOM-20170808175130341.jpg

CameraZOOM-20170808192628568.jpg

CameraZOOM-20170808192725387.jpg

CameraZOOM-20170808192815897.jpg

CameraZOOM-20170808193224322.jpg

CameraZOOM-20170808194247447.jpg

CameraZOOM-20170808194638435.jpg

CameraZOOM-20170808194838647.jpg

CameraZOOM-20170808195428913.jpg

CameraZOOM-20170808195547835.jpg

CameraZOOM-20170808201535841.jpg

CameraZOOM-20170808201600549.jpg

CameraZOOM-20170808203029744.jpg

CameraZOOM-20170808235651447.jpg

CameraZOOM-20170808235852220.jpg

CameraZOOM-20170809000205784.jpg

CameraZOOM-20170809000420780.jpg

CameraZOOM-20170809000720426.jpg

CameraZOOM-20170809000858420.jpg

CameraZOOM-20170809001655447.jpg

CameraZOOM-20170809001959159.jpg

Edited by Wicked Sunday
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Wicked Sunday said:

Two huge blokes coming out of that Fiat Panda (80% of traffic is faster than a Panda??) and my car got searched. First Dutchman without drugs, so I moved on.

Hahaha wtf man. Do you have a Dutch license plate??

Cool find anyway, thanks for sharing :thumb 

10 hours ago, The_Raw said:

Hahaha wtf man. Do you have a Dutch license plate??

Well I am Dutch, it's my own car and I used it for the roadtrip. 

And thanks as well ?

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Urban_Moocher
      Had ours eyes on the closure details of this place for a while and after months of waiting the place was winding down. So rather than wait for full closure we couldn't resist the urge to do a midnight explore, i'd never seen the workings of a brewery, normally just the end product.  Had such a laugh doing these in a poo inducing kind of way and wanted to share with you the fruits of the labour. 

• By DirtyJigsaw
      Hello!

Been abit lazy with uploading explores so heres another one from 2016. Another rooftop (when it was much easier with less Youtube Goons)

Anyways, noticed the scaffold up the side of the building, so after a late shift at work i headed into London for a solo explore. Small roof but the view was awesome

OPD by

OPD by

OPD by

OPD by

OPD by

OPD by

OPD by

OPD by

OPD by

OPD by
      Thanks for looking in

DJ
    • By obscureserenity
      Haus der Offiezere

My first report. I have had this account for about a year but never posted anything from fear of my photos not being good enough to post. Decided to pluck up the courage to start contributing more but I apologise if there are any mistakes. Anyway, on to the history!

History

The Haus der Offiezere was originally established as a shooting range between Kummersdorf and Jüterbog in 1888. It wasn't until 1910, when construction of the Berlin to Dresden railway line took place, it was decided that due to it's location, Wunsdorf held a significant strategic advantage for the German forces. Because of this it became a military headquarters two years following. A telephone and telegraph office was built in 1912. By the start of the first world war, Wunsdorf had already become Europe's largest defence base, boasting 60,000 acres of land. A year later, the first mosque built in Germany was founded on this site. This was to accommodate for the Muslim POW's (prisoners of war) that were being held in the facility. They were known as the Halbmondlager or Crescent Moon camp.

Once the First World War had come to an end, the Wunsdorf Headquarters was converted into a military sports school a year later in 1919. It was even used to train athletes for the Olympic games in Berlin in 1936.  During the uprising of the Third Reich, a network of highly modernised tunnels and bunkers were built, including a communications centre, known as the Zeppelin. A year Maybach I and II were built which coincided with the Zeppelin bunker. A ring tunnel connected all the bunkers to each other and were disguised as ordinary homes on the ground, to avoid suspicion from spies within the allied forces. The construction of these bunkers weren't completed until 1940, a year after war was declared in Europe. From 1943 the Haus der Offiezere was temporarily converted into a hospital to treat wounded German soldiers.

Two years later, in 1945 the Red Army had invaded East Germany and quickly seized control of Wunsdorf. This was when it was renamed the Haus der Offiezere which translates to House of the Officer. During Soviet occupation of Wunsdorf in the GDR, the Haus der Offiezere became a place of art and culture. The former sports halls and gymnasiums were torn down and replaced with elaborate theatres and concert halls. Daily deliveries of supplies came all the way from Moscow on a direct train line and the locals nicknamed it 'little Moscow' due to the number of roughly 60,000 Russian inhabitants. This continued for almost 50 years, until the reunification of Germany in 1990 when  it was handed back to the state. The last remaining Russians eventually left in 1994 and it has remained unoccupied since.

Visit

The photos I have compiled for this post were taken on two separate occasions. Wanted to give a good representation of the location, as there is a lot to see. Unfortunately some of my photographs were taken when I first started getting into the hobby, so I hope they do enough justice and excuse the quality of said images. Second visit was on a solo trip to Germany, giving me plenty of time to explore and document this location.  I hope you enjoy my report!

Externals

Internals

If you've got this far, thanks for reading!
    • By seaside_rambler
      Originally the Sea View Hotel, Cautley House is in every way as bland and and tacky as I expected. Built in 1888, it was extended to the east in 1906, became the Seabrook Hotel in the 1960s, Alfred’s Hotel in the 1980s and then a christian healing centre in around 1994. A care home was next on the agenda once the healing centre closed in 2011/12, it didn’t happen though as the building needed updating and was deemed unfit for such use. So it’s just sat empty since, although there used to be a live-in guardian person, but with the disuse and the decay commencing over a number of years they left too. Now plans are in for demolition it’s days as any kind of establishment are numbered, probably to be replaced by the non-affordable homes that keep springing up round here. And despite being accessible in some way or another most of that time it’s pretty untrashed apart from naturally falling apart.

Some history and old pics here

Entrance/reception area/groud floor rooms

Later extension housing the dance floor and DJ booth/sacrificial altar with added air con

Main stairs up to the locally-named suites

All the rooms were equally as meh, so much shades of beige in this place with 70s style avocado bathroom suites too. And balcony cat-flaps.

The most fucked part was the 1906 extension

Some signage and stuff

There you have it, worth an hour or so if you're in the area
    • By obscureserenity
      Mineral Springs Bath House

The construction of the Mineral Springs Bath House  began in 1907. This was in order to bring in more tourism and wealth into the area. The town it was built in was an excellent location to host a bath house, as it was well known for it's rich mineral water sources which was believed to have medicinal properties. During the start of the 20th century mineral baths were a very fashionable and popular leisure activity. It took 3 years to build, with the help of local residents and neighbouring villages. It was finally unveiled with a ceremony in 1911.

The materials which were used for the interior were designed in Vienna, France and Belgium and it was the most expensive healing bath in Bulgaria at that current time. Typical to most bath houses, it was separated into two sections, one for the men and another for the women. Both areas accommodated for it's visitors with a large circular pool, changing rooms and 10 bathtubs. The baths also provided central heating facilities, the main parts of the building were kept consistently at 15°C, the changing rooms at 28°C and the baths themselves were 32°C. The bath house was also equip with a clinic, admin offices and a large laundry room.

Sadly the Mineral Springs Baths eventually closed in 2001, due to the decline in interest and popularity along with the lack of investment by the local government.

Externals 

Internals

If you've got this far, thanks for reading