Hi, my name is Matteo and I'm from Italy. I've been into urbex for like 2-3 years but, since I usually don't have someone to go with, my visits are very few at the moment, but I hope to do it more and more as soon as possible. Even if I'm not so active in the "practical way", me and one of my friends are mapping all the abandoned places in Italy and now we have more than 2000 sites (and there is so much good stuff there...)!

I signed up here because I "feel" that a foreign urbex community is far better than the Italian one, so here I am. I hope to make you guys understand me even if English isn't my first language...

Nice to meet you and have a nice day :)

P.S
My nick is an allusion to Urbanturizm, the Youtube channel that made me fall in love with urban exploration, you should definitely check it out if you don't know it.

• Like 1

Hi Matteo, welcome to the forum :)

Your english is pretty good actually, unless you have used a translator? 

I look forward to seeing some reports from you on here. You tube isn't something Im really in to but Im sure someone will be interested :)

Hi Matteo 

Welcome to OS and thanks for the cool introduction. Hope you can get out regularly exploring soon, there's so many amazing places in Italy! 

Hi Matteo,

Welcome to the forum! Have to agree with you there, Italy is a fantastic place for urban exploring, Looking forward to seeing some of your photographs on here!

On 9/1/2018 at 3:05 PM, The Urban Tourist said:

Hi, my name is Matteo and I'm from Italy. I've been into urbex for like 2-3 years but, since I usually don't have someone to go with, my visits are very few at the moment, but I hope to do it more and more as soon as possible. Even if I'm not so active in the "practical way", me and one of my friends are mapping all the abandoned places in Italy and now we have more than 2000 sites (and there is so much good stuff there...)!

I signed up here because I "feel" that a foreign urbex community is far better than the Italian one, so here I am. I hope to make you guys understand me even if English isn't my first language...

Nice to meet you and have a nice day :)

P.S
My nick is an allusion to Urbanturizm, the Youtube channel that made me fall in love with urban exploration, you should definitely check it out if you don't know it.

Hey Matteo, fellow newbie here.  How were you able to build a list of abandoned places?  Some of that is not public info for obvious reasons.  Tnx and welcome.

E