Anna Jacobsen

Other A Visit to a Locomotive Works

Please can you embed the videos into the report rather than just linking to YouTube, and provide at least a bit of a description about the video. Some photos to accompany the video would also be beneficial to people browsing the forum. After all, this is a forum, not a YouTube Directory. Thanks.

• Haha 1

On 9/4/2018 at 11:52 AM, Anna Jacobsen said:

I try, sorry about that 🙂

How do you embed the videos into the report rather than just linking to YouTube? need help please I don't want to do the wrong thing 🙂

Hi Anna, I think you literally just copy and paste the youtube link and it does it automatically. It worked for me at least! I will embed the links for this and your other videos. If you could add some text at least it would be appreciated. Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By The_Raw
      The history of the Albanian Navy dates back to 1925, following the creation of the Albanian Republic. Albanian naval forces operate out of two main bases; Bishti-i-Palles in Durrës, and Pasha Liman in Vlorë, with four reserve bases respectively in Shëngjin, Porto Palermo, Saranda and a submarine base on Sazan island. The vessels of the Albanian naval force are mostly patrol craft and support craft as well as four whisky class submarines (Soviet Union built in the early Cold War period) which have been taken out of service at Pasha Liman. In Shëngjin a Soviet built minesweeper M-111 and an AFD-115 gunship remain abandoned at the entrance to a bunker. The Albanian navy still operates out of Shëngjin in a low capacity so it's still an active military zone but you are allowed to drive through it to reach a beach resort on the other side. Handy for us! Visited with adders, extreme_ironing, otter and reenie. Here's what we found....

AFD Mujo Ulqinaku M-111 - A mine warfare ship designed for the location of and destruction of naval mines which combines the role of a minesweeper and minehunter in one hull. Minesweepers are equipped with mechanical or electrical devices, known as "sweeps", for disabling mines, so waterways are maintained clear for safe shipping. This one appears to have been disused since 1996 (the date of a calendar on board), just prior to the Albanian civil war, when many vessels of the Albanian navy were seriously damaged.

Behind it sits this half-submerged AFD P115 - Albanian Navy gunship (Chinese type 62 "Shanghai-II") which has had its 57mm gun mount removed

They sit in front of the entrance to a navigable bunker which was inaccessible. Another entrance parallel was also sealed although we reached the blast door for that one

The AFD Mujo Ulqinaku M111 was named after Mujo Ulqinaku, an Albanian sergeant of the Royal Albanian Navy, known for his resistance to the Italian forces during the Italian Invasion of Albania in 1939. Armed with only a machine gun, he was placed at the centre of the defense line and fought uninterruptedly until he was eventually killed by an artillery shell from an Italian warship in the last hour of the battle. He was given the People's Hero of Albania award posthumously.

On board the AFD - M111

An old gun at the front

You can see an active patrol boat moored up on the left of the shot

Inside the AFD - M111

Communications cabin

A small engine room

Hatches and squat toilets

Kitchen

All the cabins were locked except for this one

Some old military posters

Back on land, this AFD S104 - Huchuan class 'motor torpedo boat' is waiting to be scrapped. Powered by Soviet-era engines, these hydrofoil-equipped boats are capable of 50 knots (93 km/h; 58 mph) and carry two torpedo tubes for torpedoes, with some known to be armed with naval mines.

A few dilapidated buildings remain nearby

This building to the left was manned but we were just out of view so we took a quick peek at these old military vehicles

Some rusty torpedoes lay on the ground alongside one of them

A couple of old trucks overgrown by vegetation above the bunker. We were aware of someone from the base heading in our direction at this point so we hopped in the car and made tracks

We made it to the beach resort on the other side of the military zone where unfortunately the pigs were waiting for us. Thankfully they just grunted a bit and we were on our way 😮

Just in time to catch the sunset!

Thanks for looking

• By anthrax
      Hello once again everybody, now I'll get everything right on the first try (with BB-Codes and all). 

This is another Mansion, where I sadly don't have much information about either. I hope you enjoy the pictures nontheless.

Instagram would be @ofcdnb for anyone interested.

Full Album: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmydBVYN

DSC_3065.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_3067.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_3069.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_3071.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_3081.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_3086.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_3089.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_3096.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_3098.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_3101.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr
    • By anthrax
      This building is confirmed to have been built some time around 1850. It is abandoned since AT LEAST 2013, when the first reports came onto the web. There are various documents lying around the building, either on the top floor in the storage area beneath the roof. 

Hope you guys enjoy. 
      By the way, I hope no one hates me for linking to Flickr directly, as it would require me to export all images manually and upload all of them to various forums, which is more than time consuming.
      I was asked to link the pictures directly, so I decided to take the what I think are the best ones and embed them, and the rest of the pictures (which are more documentation than art) will be available on the Flickr Link. Hope that's okay with everyone.  Greetings.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmt2Y9ob

Report is from Dec, 2018.

If anyone is interested at all, my instagram is @ofcdnb.

DSC_2946.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_2953.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_2964.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_2984.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_2986.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_2988.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_2990.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_3000.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_3018.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_3043.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr
    • By Gabor
      This is the railway cemetary of Hungary, once honored, powerful machines now forgotten in the mud and dirt. Rust in peace!