Andy

Italy Teatro tenda rossa (07/2018)

I’ve visited this nice theater during my 10 day trip to Italy this summer. Located in the center of a small town, access was very easy. Although there were people on the street outside, but they were not interested in us. Unfortunately, I know nothing about its history.

bild01.jpg

bild02.jpg

bild03.jpg

bild04.jpg

bild05.jpg

bild06.jpg

bild07.jpg

bild08.jpg

bild10.jpg

bild11.jpg

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Andy
      From the outside it was obvious that the building was abandoned. Next door, children were playing in the yard of the adjacent school, while we entered the former residence through an open door. Some parts of the villa were already very ruinous or even collapsed, but the beautiful wall and ceiling paintings were fortunately largely still preserved.

I thought I'd already posted this house in the forum. But I was obviously mistaken, because I couldn't find it here. Apparently I'm getting old and confused ...   

• By Andy
      It had rained the day before my visit.  Therefore, the steep slope that I climbed up alone to this abandoned, Italian villa on a hill, had turned into a muddy slide. The way up was correspondingly arduous and painstaking. I slipped off several times and within minutes my clothes were half soaked and completely dirty. But I didn't want to give up and fought my way up. Once there, I had to walk through bushes and a nettle-overgrown garden, until I finally reached the open access at the back of the building.

But the effort was absolutely worth it. On the ground floor was a hall with columns and a fireplace. However, the most magnificent room was on the first floor. Great wall and ceiling paintings, mirrors on both sides, a skylight with broken glass, several statues and faces made of stone; and everything embedded in sad decay. This room was simply impressive, and overwhelming beautiful.
      Subsequently, I still discovered a fountain with a statue in the back of the garden.

For the way down, I chose another route. This one was a little easier, although at the end I had to climb over a fence, to get out. But fortunately, I wasn't seen doing that by the residents of the property, and that was the main thing.

• By Benjamin W.
      We visited this italian monastery this year.
      It' seems to be a peaceful place so we decided to sleep there (inside the car) . It's build on a hill with a nice view, also at night.
      Everything is open and it looks like that it's absolutely o.k. to visit it cause also normal italien people come to visit it.
      We were pretty lucky with the weather  this morning with much of mist.
      There is a huge roof terrace  where I used my drone to make some pictures and videos.
      Sadly I lost my drone on this italy trip so I can't show You the stuff I made from bird's eye view.

• By Andy
      I found this Italian chapel on Google Earth, and because I was close to it during my summer trip anyway, I drove there to check it. Unfortunately, it was closed, so I could only take some exterior shots of it.

• By Andy
      This italian house behind large, closed iron gates at the entrance of the property (also called Villa Pompous / Villa Zombo / Villa dei Levrieri / Villa del Levriero / Villa PDO...) is located within a small forest, so it can't be seen directly from the street.
      From the outside the villa looks quite modern and also inside some things are just fake (so the ceiling isn't made of stucco, but partly only of polystyrene panels).

Annoyingly, all the lamps were stolen and partially destroyed in the meantime, including two large crystal chandeliers. Also, the two ornamental pommels (knobs) in the form of greyhounds at the end of the red velvet-covered handrail of the banister has been stolen. 
      Fortunately, at least the wall and ceiling paintings such as the ornately carved wooden doors are still preserved.
      Unfortunately I don't know anything about the history of the house or about the former inhabitants.