Andy

Italy Carnevale (07/2018)

Another find via the satellite images of Google Earth. Several buildings behind a small forest with partly broken roofs. On Streetview you could only see a overgrown gate and a column with fancy animals. A castle? A mansion? So I drove there to check it.

We parked a little further along the roadside and walked across a field to the property. Next door were still inhabited houses, so we tried to be quiet.

There was actually a small villa, but plain on the outside and, in addition, unfortunately locked and not accessible.. Next to it was a large hall, inside many figures of carnival parades, made of papier-mâché and plasticine.

A strange estate, but at least a few exceptional subject for photos.

bild01.jpg

bild02.jpg

bild03.jpg

bild04.jpg

bild05.jpg

bild06.jpg

bild07.jpg

bild08.jpg

bild09.jpg

bild10.jpg

bild11.jpg

bild12.jpg

bild13.jpg

bild14.jpg

bild15.jpg

bild16.jpg

bild17.jpg

bild18.jpg

bild19.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/26/2018 at 9:44 PM, The_Raw said:

haha what the actual fuck is going on there??

The interior was an unexpected surprise, anyway. :D 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By The_Raw
      The Italians don't mess around when it comes to architecture and this old sanatorium is no exception. Built in 1924 in an art deco style, it began life as a tuberculosis hospital before being converted into a generic hospital in the 1950s. In 2015 it closed down to make way for a new hospital. Most of it has been completely emptied now but the admin building and chapel are stunning regardless. The vast network of tunnels are pretty epic as well with workshops, locker rooms and some odd looking stretchers amongst other things down there. They connect every single building in the complex so you can access certain buildings that are sealed from outside. It's a big old place with a lot to see. I've been twice and still not seen it all.

Wards

Tunnels

Admin Block

The Chapel

Thanks for looking

• By obscureserenity
      Red Cross Hospital

Before it's closure at some point during the 1980's, it served as a children's hospital. It was thought to have been founded around the turn of the 20th century. The hospital was owned and managed by the charity 'Red Cross Italy' which becomes apparent from the rather large red cross on the ceiling of the chapel. The building itself resides near the edge of the mountain, roughly about 1100 metres above sea level,  a common practice for medical facilities Italy, as the air was fresher up in the mountains. It was it was believed that this held medicinal properties and was more therapeutic which was beneficial for the treatment of the patients.

Visited with @aWorldinRuins and @Ninja Kitten on a recent trip to Italy. This was the first stop on the tour and a revisit for myself. I was glad to go back, it's a very beautiful and photogenic location, in my opinion. I loved seeing all the beds, the chapel and the little classrooms again. As always, hope you enjoy my report!

If you've got this far, thanks for reading 
    • By Martpod
      Quite extraordinary from the outside, this villa is hidden in the hills of central Italy. The whole property consists of a huge garden, swimming pool, some sheds for dogs and probably a garage, the most eye catching is the main yellow castle-ish looking house. It used to belong to a man who was made a knight by Italian king. The owner actually had a strange interest in anatomy, pathology, science and medicine and some of his "patients" and guests used to stay in this extravagant house. It's hard to say when it was abandoned. Most of the rooms are still fully furnished and there still hasn't been to much vandalism, yet some objects got already stolen. Beds are still perfectly made, there are many personal items like clothing, hairbrush or hand-written notebook with recipes. Compared to the nicely kept ground floor, the upper parts of the villa are pretty unsafe and rooms are mostly furnished in a very simple way. I rather didn't dare to enter one of the bedrooms as the floor felt like it was collapsing. In another room the ceiling was already almost completelly collapsed, other rooms had huge cracks in the walls. 

• By Martpod
      Hidden in central Italy, this beautifull villa stands still in a huge overgrown garden. There is not much information about it. Originally it seems to have been built for a noble family, later was enlarged and served also for guests. During the war period the house witnessed a horrible massacre carried by German troops, that resulted in shooting of almost 40 civilians in its gardens.
      Garden is now so full of greenery that from far away you can hardly see the house. And even when standing very close to it, from the outside it actually seems pretty repelling. After going through the shed and after passing thru first very trashed room, you get to see beautifull room with golden wallpaper, beatifull sofa a iconic two mirrors, that gave the villa its name.
      From the materials left in the house, one can assume it has been abandoned for over 20 years. On some papers from social services are stated the names of its last owners, probably one of them was a doctor. If you look very carefully in one of the bedrooms, you can even locate their photos. Even thou it has been vandalized lately, there are still some personal items, apart from the photos of the owners you can also find teeth prostethics, suitcase, some pieces of clothing and tons of books.