swoodhall

UK Abandoned Welsh C-House

Hi Guys,

So here it is again, this place must get at least one visit a week now.  But  I had to check it out for myself.  I thought it would be interesting to visit the place all alone,  because of the remoteness. Its still in not bad shape, with no graffiti anywhere yet.  Just a few things seem to have been stolen since 2015, like the famous pocket watches.  Its still a great place to visit, and walk to across the boggy water logged fields.

54 minutes ago, hamtagger said:

I watched it up until the point you added the sound of a baby crying. Ridiculous

Don't be so quick to judge. Maybe they had a baby strapped to their back for the explore?

• Haha 2

You could so easily have made that into a half decent report if you hadnt of made it more about the video than the explore.

Did you take any stills? i'd be quite interested to see them.

• Like 1

Thanks for the interest , Yeah this place has been done to death by so many urbexers now, so I wasn't taking my visit to the cloud house too seriously.  It was pretty creeping up there alone though, I would recommend making the trip up there and entering the house alone.    I did took a couple of photos but they aren't the best..  Was gonna chuck the flying camera up too, but it was raining surprise surprise.  

Steve

20180922_124325.jpg

20180922_122747.jpg

DJI_20180922_123916.jpg

DJI_20180922_123921.jpg

DJI_20180922_123636.jpg

• Like 2

Some nice shots. I've visited cloud house this year in May, and I especially liked the corner with the organ, the grandfather clock and the painting of the woman.

Great place. Looks like lots been removed since my visit bout year and half back. The lower floor was full of stuff . And in your vid the old suitcases and boxes are gone. Such a shame. But awesome to see again thanks

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Industrieller
      This area was a powerplant of a coalmine.

• By lucan
      all that remains of a decoy airfield 
      small bunker type construction with a searchlight mounted on top  and a small room at the back to house a gennerator
      fires would have been light at night at this location to fool the german bombers to target here instead of  the real site a few miles away
      the searchlight platform is now fallien off and just a pile of bricks and metal

thanks for looking
    • By lucan
      Spotted this while out and about so popped in for a look, not a great deal left behind
      In the middle of a small town on the Shropshire border
      Had to be fairly quiet as it is surrounded by houses
      Looks like its not been lived in for a couple of years
      A stable block out back, loads of TV sets and old Playstation mags , one of which gives the name I gave the place

thanks for looking
    • By a World in Ruins
      First a little History [you all know it, but it's good to include anyway] 😃

The Dispensary – the first public hospital in North Staffordshire – opened in Etruria in April 1804 and was funded in part by the Wedgewood family. It gave sick patients the chance to see an Apothecary for diagnosis and treatment. It also provided vaccination against the dreaded smallpox, thanks to the pioneering work of Dr Edward Jenner. Shortly afterwards the 11-bed House of Recovery was opened for fever patients, followed by facilities to treat general and accident patients.
      The hospital continued to expand, due to a steady flow of general illness cases, accidents in the pottery, mining and iron industries and diseases caused by lead and dust. In 1819 it moved to a bigger site in Etruria. By this point it employed a small team of support staff, including a matron and nurses, and ran education programmes urging mine and factory owners to improve their safety standards. Thanks to new ideas about infection control, the building - surrounded by polluting factories - was increasingly seen as unsuitable for patients and was also at risk of collapse from heavy undermining. Eventually, the decision was made to move the infirmary to Hartshill. The clean, quiet suburb became home in 1869 to the North Staffordshire Royal Infirmary, which later merged with the City General Hospital to form the University Hospital of North Staffordshire – now the Royal Stoke University Hospital. Previously the hospital was known as The North Staffordshire Infirmary and Eye Hospital (1815 - 1911) as well as The North Staffordshire Infirmary (1912 - 1926). 
      The building closed down as a medical facility in 2012 as part of the super-hospital development at the Royal Stoke University Hospital.

The explore: Visited with David [ Scrappy ]. It rained, a lot. 😀
      The morgue was a bit of a let down as the slabs had recently been removed and placed in a nearby corridor in front of the fridges. Oh well....

On to the photographs, hope you enjoy:

• By AndyK!
      HMP Holloway was the largest women’s only prison in Europe until its closure in 2016. Rebuilt between 1971 to 1985, the prison's design was intended to produce an atmosphere more like a hospital than a prison. This design was recognised as a failure in the 1980s as its lack of traditional wings or landings, and a maze of corridors, means warders had difficulty monitoring inmates.

Entrance to the rebuilt prison (CC Licence)  
      The history of Holloway dates back to 1852 when the original prison opened as a mixed-sex establishment, but due to the increasing demand for space for female prisoners, it became female-only in 1903. Inmates of the original prison included Oscar Wilde, and more recently Moors murderess Myra Hindley from 1966.

The original Holloway Prison (public domain image)  
      Holding female adults and young offenders either sentenced by the courts or being held on remand, the prison consisted mostly of single cells, but there was also various dormitory accommodation. In January 2016 an inquest into the death of Sarah Reed, a paranoid schizophrenic being held on remand, identified failings in the care system. The prison was closed in July 2016, with plans for it to be sold for housing.

Time to start the unofficial tour....

Wandering between the modern buildings within the prison grounds 

Let's head straight into the cells...

Dorm room

Single prisoner cell

Another dorm room

Mural in one of the many winding corridors

Twin room

Lots of peely paint in some places

There were several styles of cell

Entrance into the prison...

Prisoner transport vehicles would park inside this area, and the gates closed behind them

The front entrance leads into this area, with a command room behind the glass

Corridors lead into the prison

Each area separated by iron gates

Prisoner amenities and facilities

Entrance into the "family friendly" visitor centre.

Visitors and prisoners could be kept separated in these divided rooms

The prison had a swimming pool for prisoners to use

And gym facilities

The glazed walkway was decorated by inmates

The prison had a medical ward, including its own opticians

Pharmacy

Covered walkway leading to the chapel. Note the high-security walls

The chapel was large but pretty basic

More inmate artwork

Mural inside one of the rooms

A room for presentations

The prison's boiler house