I am looking for new places to urbex. I am from the northeast Ohio area near Akron. Feel free to email me if you have any places you are willing to share. I will exchange places. my email is [email protected] I attached some images from previous urbexes.

chippewa.jpg

clock.JPG

swasey.JPG

Asking for locations on a public forum is not the way to go about this. By all means, use the forum to see what others have posted in specific areas, but asking out right without posting any content of your own isn't going to get you very far. Please post up a few reports, and people may be willing to help.

• Like 2

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By Beneficial-Cucumber
      (Image Heavy)
      Browns Island is located on a river in the Midwest, the island has a long, interesting history. It was noted by George Washington during his travels, and Meriwether Lewis from the Lewis and Clark Expedition camped there in 1803, on the site there's an ancient Native mound, and early petroglyphs existed on the head of the island. For around 100 years the island was privately owned and farmed until 1957, when a steel company bought it to build a coke plant. There was also a mail plane crash on the island in 1933 that killed the pilot and passenger. In Dec of 1972, right before the Coke Ovens started operating, there was a gas explosion which killed 21 construction workers, the oven were operational until 1982, eventually, they were demolished and the island sold slag for commercial use until 2008. Although there were no ovens standing, it was still an interesting explore, my neighbor and grandfather worked here when the Mill used it. I was very fortunate to get permission to go on it

• By Urbexy
      New member here, but far from new to urbex. I have always had an interest in exploring and adventuring within abandoned locations.

When I explore I take images and video and I upload to my YouTube channel. I notice that there appears to be a fairly sizable rift between Stills photographers and videographers (mainly YouTubers).

As I said before I am a YouTuber but I don't beg for likes and subscriptions. I  research locations, explore it and document it. None of this "smash the like button" or "nearly died" fakery that a lot of video people do simply to generate exposure. I think genuine urban explorers whether they are stills people or video people actually have more in common than they think and Perhaps we should be more worried about outright fakery that occurs on both sides of the spectrum. Within the YouTube urbex community, there is a genuine distaste for people who are creating fake content. The term that is widely used is "urbex theatre". It's a work of fiction, dressed up to be an explore.

The same occurs within the photography sector where people are manipulating images to the extent they do not even resemble the original location. There are also situations where people rearrange locations to set up their shots (photo or video) and this really just takes away from the whole abandoned theme.

Genuine explorers are genuine explorers regardless of the medium you choose to record your explores on, or the platform you choose to display your work. Would love to hear your thoughts on this...
    • By Ken_Ohio
      The abandoned pool at Detwiler Park. It was opened in 1970, closed in 2009 after thieves broke in and stole water pumps and other plumbing.
      I

• By Ken_Ohio
      An abandoned Apartment block. Built in the 20's, abandoned in the 90's

Abandoned Kenmore Manor by Ken Durham, on Flickr