Jump to content
Industrieller

Belgium Fly, fly away

Recommended Posts

Nachdem er 15 Jahre für Nigeria Airways geflogen ist, wurde dieser Airbus A310-222 zu einem Cafe umgebaut. Zum ende wurde die location dann noch als Nachtclub genutzt. 
Das Highlight des Cafés, war die Terrasse auf der Tragfläche.
Ebenfalls steht noch ein Eisenbahnwagon auf dem Gelände, der als Eisdiele umgebaut und genutzt wurde.
Über einem der Eingänge hängt noch eine Cessna 150G.

Neben aktuellen Bilder habe ich, aus dem Internet, noch Bilder wie er zu den Zeiten als Cafe aussah.

 

DSC03243-HDR.jpg.e10db818a195da4f97a3ea86f840a754.jpg

 

DSC03249-HDR.jpg.e8385a180035a0d76916f0de841f95b7.jpg

 

DSC03252-HDR.jpg.8dea6d8d0087ff00fe56faa04c65ac18.jpg

 

DSC03373-HDR.jpg.61cd66527d56e78c3284d6b097bbc046.jpg

 

DSC03367-HDR.jpg.b97c4dd269b78e62e85fbeeaead0a233.jpg

 

DSC03361-HDR.jpg.47cc8fa51307679b9501bed76c53bd45.jpg

 

DSC03355-HDR.jpg.b05e6fcc636c115ac8812855bf951e07.jpg

 

DSC03261-HDR.jpg.9c8eb14c56a2636fff0aebd2625372e0.jpg

 

DSC03264-HDR.jpg.fdc51720ec92857e7fcd29658a523713.jpg

 

DSC03267-HDR.jpg.7bd25c74f9af2a69414c0819dd3003a3.jpg

 

DSC03279-HDR.jpg.639d282012d9dfc35055c4ac053b10c2.jpg

 

DSC03288-HDR.jpg.4a91fb8ca52d19585fb69ecd2d1699cf.jpg

 

DSC03293-HDR.jpg.5347638d245dfd9447cd0e532a181e2d.jpg

 

0920584.jpg.fde79817788043a7bf7da1c9cb59a199.jpg

 

0920585.jpg.d54d899b37906256096645e8b04b676d.jpg

 

1470557.jpg.528ad3a2c430317c7b9772e8bc1e1349.jpg

 

77713.jpg.c24b7b5afeed8dd27d09604697a01020.jpg

 

 

Airbus-IMG_0280.jpg.8ddc51be93fb392bca345dbeb239d26f.jpg

Edited by Industrieller
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting place.


But a note: In an English-speaking forum from the UK, it's a little counter-productive to write the reports in German... ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By TrevBish.co.uk
      Hi all! Not sure on the history of this place but its been around a while. Not a bad place. Not that exciting but we were passing so thought we would have a mooch! A couple of nice cars. 
       

       
       
       

       
       
       

       
       
       

       
       
       
       

       
       
       
       

       
       
       
       

    • By teddybear
      A trip through an abandoned pig slaughterhouse. Here you can follow the last path of a pig.
      1 round them up
      IMG_1974-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      2 dead pig walking
      IMG_1990-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      3 shocking
      IMG_1994-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      4 beginning of processing
      IMG_1929-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      5 cleaning
      IMG_1922-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      6 hair trim
      IMG_1927-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      7 hair removing
      IMG_1973 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      8 waist disposal
      IMG_1967-Edit-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      9 chop them up
      IMG_1915-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      10 piece by piece
      IMG_1920-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      11 meat chain
      IMG_1961-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      12 to the freezer
      IMG_1938-HDR-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
       
    • By Hooismans
      History:
      The origins of the most famous coke plant in the city of Charleroi dates back to 1838, when a coke-fired blast furnace was established along the river Sambre by the newborn company Société Anonyme des Laminoirs, Forges, Fonderies et Usines de la Providence (shorten Forges de la Providence). Although coke ovens were present on site since the beginning, a first modern coke plant was established in 1908 to support the three existing blast furnaces. At the time, the Providence steelworks were amongst the largest in the Charleroi region and whole Belgium too. This favorable positioning was confirmed and improved after a general restructuring occurred between the two world wars. The first phase (1918-21) consisted in the replacement of ancient blast furnaces with five new ones: two at Marchienne and three more at Dampremy. The resulting expanded site was stretching for about 2 km between the Sambre (south) and the Bruxelles-Charleroi canal (north).
      The second phase occurred in the mid 1930s, when an additional blast furnace was built at the Dampremy site along with a large, modern coke plant. The latter (1932-34) was still located at the Marchienne site, slightly to the east of the previous coke plant. Equipped with a battery of 50 Koppers ovens, it had a capacity of 30.000-32.000 t/m and thus was able to satisfy the requirements of the whole site. The two coke plants used to work side-by-side until the early 1950s, when the older one was dismantled and the newer improved. In addition to the original Koppers battery two Coppée ones were built, each one counting 26 ovens. This layout persisted for about thirty years, during which Forges de la Providence merged with several other Belgian steel companies until the creation of Cockerill-Sambre in 1981. The latter controlled all the steelmaking sites in both Charleroi and Liège regions. Being the only one left of its kind in Charleroi, the Marchienne coke plant was improved through the addition of a fourth battery of 20 Didier ovens. This led to an overall capacity of 750000 t/y of metallurgical coke obtained in 122 ovens. Further corporate restructuring led to the creation of Carsid in 2001, which gathered together the last existing primary steel facilities in Charleroi, i.e. the Marchienne coke plant (Forges de la Providence), a sintering plant, a blast furnace and an OMB plant (all three originally belonging to Thy-Marcinelle et Monceau company). Decreasing steel demand plus the obsolescence of inherited facilities made the life of Carsid lasting for just a few years. The coke plant was run down in 2008, leaving the rest mothballed until the definitive closure (2012).
       
      Photos:
       

       

       

       

       

       
       
      I also made a documentary about this place (it has english subtitles)
       
      Thanks for looking!
    • By Industrieller
      This doctor's office with adjoining villa has been empty for almost a quarter of a century.
      The last records are from 1994.
       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

×