Found you guys on an email from olympus about photographing abandoned places... 

I'd always been fascinated with urban explorers and their photographic adventures.  Hope to find like minded people here. 

• Like 3

Hi there! Welcome to Oblivion State, you're in the right place to find like minded people. Feel free to browse through the forums or post pictures if you've visited any abandoned places yourself. 😃

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Urbexbandoned said:

Hey, welcome to the forum :)

Where about in Cali are you? Have you managed to get out somewhere yet? 

I'm in So Cal. I have tried to find interesting abandoned places but haven't actually set out on a mission soley to shoot one. Most of my personal photography stuff is on my Flickr page.  Here's an album from a trip to Memphis earlier this year. Coming from LA, I felt Memphis felt like a ghost town especially in March. Felt like an andoned city to me...so here my first not so abandoned contribution https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLDGkf

20 hours ago, AndyK! said:

Hi there! Welcome to Oblivion State, you're in the right place to find like minded people. Feel free to browse through the forums or post pictures if you've visited any abandoned places yourself. 😃

Thank you !

20 minutes ago, Sojack said:

I'm in So Cal. I have tried to find interesting abandoned places but haven't actually set out on a mission soley to shoot one. Most of my personal photography stuff is on my Flickr page.  Here's an album from a trip to Memphis earlier this year. Coming from LA, I felt Memphis felt like a ghost town especially in March. Felt like an andoned city to me...so here my first not so abandoned contribution https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLDGkf

I’m sure you’ll have loads around. I just had a look at your Flickr :) 

LA is hustle and bustle, any small suburb is going to be a bit like that. Some of those shots reminded me of Gas Lamp Quarter in San Diego actually.  Nice to have you on board 👍

• Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Staklo
      Hey, hello to all from Chicago.
      I've ended up poking around on this site more than a few times researching locations and sites to explore, so seems fair to contribute some of my finds :-)
      Live and work here in the Midwest, USA, but also live and work a month or two a year in Eastern Europe, so I'll have reports from both regions.
      My interest in Urbex started over 3 decades ago scavenging some refractory bricks out of the old Wisconsin Steel plant (South Chicago) and I have continued exploring ever since.
      Thanks to everyone who has already contributed and I look forward to participating.
      Staklo

• By The Urban Tourist
      Hi, my name is Matteo and I'm from Italy. I've been into urbex for like 2-3 years but, since I usually don't have someone to go with, my visits are very few at the moment, but I hope to do it more and more as soon as possible. Even if I'm not so active in the "practical way", me and one of my friends are mapping all the abandoned places in Italy and now we have more than 2000 sites (and there is so much good stuff there...)!
      I signed up here because I "feel" that a foreign urbex community is far better than the Italian one, so here I am. I hope to make you guys understand me even if English isn't my first language...
      Nice to meet you and have a nice day

P.S
      My nick is an allusion to Urbanturizm, the Youtube channel that made me fall in love with urban exploration, you should definitely check it out if you don't know it.
    • By NatureCalls
      Hey, my name is NatureCalls.
      I love to urbex and I'm very friendly and helpful.
      I'm from The Netherlands and I explore mostly in Belgium and sometimes in France, Germany and The Netherlands.
      Urbex is a hobby of mine for 5 years now. The main reason that I Explore is for the experience. I don't take a lot of pictures and if I do it's with my phone.
      I'm looking forward to spending time on the forum! If any one has questions about me or locations in Belgium feel free to ask

Have a great day!
    • By silobass
      Long time lurker, first post!

I've always been fascinated by Urbanex photography but despite this I've never done any.  We had a talk at our camera club in Bracknell Monday just gone and I've been inspired to finally go and do some.  I'm not sure what there is around me that I can start with but once the snow dies down I'll go and have a look around and see what's about

Anyway, hope to follow up with another post containing photos in the not to distant future!