Andy

Italy House of the football coach / Villa dell'Allenatore (visited 07/2018)

Meanwhile, this Italian villa of a football coach is pretty well known, and several things has changed there.
Only a dusty dirt road leads to it and from outside the house looks quite inconspicuous. But once again proves: Don't judge a book by its cover...!

bild01.jpg

bild02.jpg

bild03.jpg

bild04.jpg

bild05.jpg

bild06.jpg

bild07.jpg

bild08.jpg

bild09.jpg

bild10.jpg

bild11.jpg

bild12.jpg

bild13.jpg

bild14.jpg

bild15.jpg

bild16.jpg

bild17.jpg

bild18.jpg

bild19.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AndyK! said:

Nice looking place Andy, great find.

Thanks!  Indeed, I found the place by myself. 
More specifically: already last year, I saw pictures of the place online. This publication included a (although only very vague) description of the area / region and an outdoor shot of this place. 
With these few clues I searched via Google Earth and Streetview. Granted, it took a quite long time before I finally found it. But my ambition was aroused, and then I just can't rest or stop, until I succeed. ;) 

For the hobby, I really search a lot on the web and on maps for abandoned places, and often for a very long time, too. But I enjoy it when I have the time for it (anyway, much more than just lazily asking for a location). And admittedly, I'm also a little proud every time I succeed. :) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Andy said:

Thanks!  Indeed, I found the place by myself. 
More specifically: already last year, I saw pictures of the place online. This publication included a (although only very vague) description of the area / region and an outdoor shot of this place. 
With these few clues I searched via Google Earth and Streetview. Granted, it took a quite long time before I finally found it. But my ambition was aroused, and then I just can't rest or stop, until I succeed. ;) 

For the hobby, I really search a lot on the web and on maps for abandoned places, and often for a very long time, too. But I enjoy it when I have the time for it (anyway, much more than just lazily asking for a location). And admittedly, I'm also a little proud every time I succeed. :) 

To me, that is exactly what exploring is all about - doing some research, finding places, and going to visit them. It's so much more rewarding than just following instructions into a place someone else went to. :)

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Andy
      The (now ruinous) 18th-century villa with conservatories was purchased by the wealthy merchant Giuseppe Calamai, consul of Russia, in 1771 and used as a country estate. Due to financial difficulties, the Calamai family was forced to sell the villa in 1821 to Count Giovanni Giraud.

A few years later the villa became the property of the Polish prince Stanisław Poniatowski. After his death in 1833, his widow sold the estate in 1847 to the rich Greek merchant Pandely Maurogordato. Maurogordato extended the building magnificently and he set up gardens and a large park - planted with palm trees, cedars of Lebanon, pines of Aleppo, eucalyptus, lime trees, plane trees, holm oaks, cypresses and oaks.
      During the Second World War, the family had to leave the villa, and in 1949, the heirs sold the entire property to the "provincial antitubercular consortium". In 1973, the consortium leased the park and buildings to the community, until it was finally abandoned.

Although the villa is a listed building, it has been falling into ruin for a long time. Today, in its ruinous condition, you can only guess the former glory of this once splendid villa and its two conservatories.
      The entrance to the ruin was not too difficult. I just had to crawl through a low hole in the back area.

• By yonaguni
      I ve past this house for years.always had a car in drive way..then months ago no more car...i went to take a look.....the back dor had a latch i opened the latch and the whole door came off..big heavy door almost crushed me...well im in..i thought

The door to the left lead to the basement..it was sealed tight...got a feelng it was flooded

seems like theres some attempt at restoration

thats a nice fireplace

this is the olderist calander still hanging ive seen..odd its the same month 47 years later

its always funny when the soap is still  in the soap dish

at the top of the stairs i found this..gaping hole a long drop into the basement

i built a little bridge over it

century old framed photos and a 1983 natasha kinkski playboy

this must be the master of the house

he musta been a professor

and a surgeon

the collection

now i gotta figure out getting down over the hole.......I only got a female voice and it was outside...saying something...something..talks to you

• By Dale68
      I wonder if it sold..

http://www.scargillmann.co.uk/property-detail.asp?propref=31074