The location combined hotel, bar and cinema.
The operation was discontinued in the 90's.
It used to be the meeting place in this small, rural community, today the decay continues incessantly.

DSC03030-HDRa.jpg.9eee217d67d3311770cd056670bdf582.jpg

DSC03033-HDRa.jpg.6b8787a1c69a940568a08e68f9a03375.jpg

DSC03036-HDRa.jpg.d04abf5404e34266621b00bab61b3ccc.jpg

DSC03039-HDRa.jpg.53f48f8da1cb5a1a6d0fc3b0c867e313.jpg

DSC03045-HDRa.jpg.39cb7eb0b2b786e1d9b07ec3297dbed0.jpg

DSC03051-HDRa.jpg.3cc56bf49b38d5c8303bb04c9e666268.jpg

DSC03054-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg.455abac83cd07ff9380e45aae475cd03.jpg

DSC03066-HDRa.jpg.452e81630e809ba552a816ea8c61a956.jpg

DSC03069-HDRa.jpg.2bd44899463a0a1cf8928d3a57dbe3bc.jpg

DSC03078-HDRa.jpg.c0b0c99269519f4ae78f58c19e2ee156.jpg

• Like 6

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Hooismans
      History
      This coal mine was established in 1910 and was funded by the Prussian empire. This facility contained two elevator towers. In 1912 the construction began on a cokes plant right next to the coal mine. 
      In 1943 the mine shut down due to the second world war, after 6 years the mine reopened again. With this reopening there was also a major renovation, with this renovation there was a larger modern elevator added to the facility. In 1998 the facility was bought by a big coal mining corporation which owned 5 other coal mines. In 2008 the  98 year old coal mining facility was closed down by the government. The historic part is currently being restored and the part that was renovated after the war will probably be torn down. 

Explore
       when we got in we first went trough a whole system with conveyer belts, after that we ended up in the huge coal washery. after we explored this part we went up into the elevator tower. The tower was 10 floors high so we were quite tired then we were on the tower but it was really worth it, in the tower there was an enormous electrical lift motor which was really nice to take pictures from. It was a really cool place to explore, I really enjoyed it! I also made a documentary about this place, the video is down below this post (it is in Dutch, but it has english subtitles) 

Here is the video i made on this place

• By franconiangirl
      In the middle of the woods, they appear all of a sudden: giant walls and ruins as well as holes hidden beneath branchwood and covered by foliage - the remnants of an old shooting range of the German Wehrmacht (the armed forces of Nazi-Germany). Even the soil itself is still cotaminated by bullets and casings. The remains can be identified as ammunition from the Wehrmacht as well as from the Bundeswehr and the US-Army, which prove that all of these three armies used the area for their shooting exercises.

Unfortunately, I haven´t come across confirmed historical sources concerning the former shooting range, but it seems to be obvious that the area was a shooting range built by the Wehrmacht. Not confirmed sources indicate that the US-Americans blasted the buildings after World War II. After the destruction the area was apparently still used for military exercises on occasion. 

• By Albino-jay
      History 

The Art Deco cinema was designed for the Union Cinema Circuit by renowned architects Verity and Beverley. It opened on 23rd July 1937 but was shortly taken over by ABC (Associated British Cinemas) in October that year. It became a Ritz in the 60’s and was used as a cinema up until it’s closure on 18th June 1984 when it was taken over as a bingo hall until that then closed in 2008. Grade II listed due to it’s highly decorative interior of an Art Deco, Neo-Egyptian and Chinoiserie inspired decoration. Which of very few survive now. 

Here’s a pretty cool video I’ve linked from Youtube with some cracking old images of the place along with a recording of the Compton Organ being played there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-Ej2LEqDEQ

Our Visit 

I’d seen @AndyK and @Spidermonkey had been here a few weeks back,  followed by @dweebs report also, so with the 28 meet being in Brum it was the perfect opportunity to get over and have a look.

Pretty straight forward as it seems it had quite a bit of traffic earlier in the week to which I noticed the lights were on. Which is ideal as it’s a pain in the arse light painting these massive auditoriums.

Visited with @ferret, @drew howe and @slayaaa. 

Not too much left from it’s cinema days but still a good un non the less. 

Pics 

I’ve included a couple of old photos dragged up from Google and a couple of screengrabs of the above mentioned video for comparison. 

Starting with some externals

Foyer

Moving onto the auditorium 

Some old graffiti behind the stage/screen area

A lot of money for it’s day this, and still now to be fair. I certainly wouldn’t mind winning that. 

Original seating, covered in cobwebs.

and to finish on “The shot”

• By Industrieller
      In the 1950s, this cinema, with its 1,000 seats, was one of the largest in Germany.
      It has been over 100 years since the cinema opened. Now it has not been used as a cinema for nearly 30 years.
      Then the lower area was rebuilt and still used as a disco. But that too has been several years now.