Industrieller

Germany The shelter hospital (Jan 2019)

During the Cold War, this bunker was built as an auxiliary hospital.
The overlying school was opened in the 60s while the hospital was officially inaugurated in the 80s.
It offered 2,370 places and never went into operation.
At the turn of the millennium, it was relieved of its responsibilities, the inventory transferred to other states, and the hospital will be soon demolished.

DSC07162-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg.62f3400b29ef8f7cd142de25aa3a06d2.jpg

DSC07165-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg.f16c718d993844369ac1e9f9a63685c5.jpg

DSC07171-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg.ab922042498f8a289eb372eac99cd649.jpg

DSC07186-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg.76aec98599fbbd2b81a9fb450e972770.jpg

DSC07189-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg.3f7c2d4167dedcd48c79576e90ad6324.jpg

DSC07204-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg.28392e1b025bfca5499b245712cb7d05.jpg

DSC07210-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg.86d44b68ab7e2f60187797b18d6292b8.jpg

DSC07179-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg.ae8adfc62dadfd1a05a0d475b007d4cb.jpg

DSC07183-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg.ea57e4f16da6a4046939d054f70187f7.jpg

DSC07215-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg.94edcae6f7fcd531c7ba05bee7520e96.jpg

• Like 6

Interesting place, I especially like the shots with the beds and the toilets.

I like both parts too, especially those toilets. I did think for a minute hmm interesting but can now see where the cubicles would have stood around them. 

Love the pictures and report, bang one!

Taken real care over those and looks like a great wander.

Persoanlly think the watermark is a little intrusive, but its opionion :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By urbexgabrovo
      This is one of the most attractive rooftop in my hometown Gabrovo. Try new extreme stunt - walking on the edge and juggling. Concentration and confidence in yourself, without the right to mistake.

• By PaulRevz
      may 2019
      I have no info about this camp in the wood near Coed Trefaith

• By Hooismans
      History
      This colliery was opened in 1901 due to the increasing demand of coal in this heavy industrialized area of Germany. After that this coal mine grew rapidly in the amount of employees and the amount of coal that was made in this place, this complex made on its peak around 9000 tons coal per day. In 1997 this coal mine was sold to another big german coal mining concern. in 2010 this place needed to be shut down to new environmental reasons and because mining coal in this area was outdated and too expensive. 

Our explore:
      when we went to this place we didn't really knew what to expect of this place this was because we didn't really saw any photos of this place at that time, i only knew that there was a nice cooling tower on this site and that there was a control room somewhere. When we entered the complex we could pretty much walk free around, there warent any camera's or sensors at the time of exploring. After walking around for awhile we found an entrance to the admin building. When we got inside we were absolutely staggered with the state this building was in. Everything was still like the closing day in 2010, and it was really nice and warm inside (75 degrees Fahrenheit). There was also an amazing room full of baskets, this one is probably one of the better examples. 

I really liked exploring this place!

Elephant by Hooismans, on Flickr

Bergwerk HR by Hooismans, on Flickr

Cooling Tower by Hooismans, on Flickr

Cooling Tower by Hooismans, on Flickr

Bergwerk HR by Hooismans, on Flickr

Baskets by Hooismans, on Flickr

I also made a video of this place where i tell the history of this place. And where i explain were certain rooms were used for.
      It is is dutch but i has Subtitles.

Thanks for reading through!
    • By Andy
      I couldn't find out very much about this castle. It was built in 1821, I don't know when it has been abandoned. In 1841, the proprietress financed various improvements in the village, like the extension of roads.

Exploring the castle was partially quite tricky. Large parts of the floors, ceilings and roofs had already collapsed. A lot of the few remaining floors had holes, most of the stairs were soaked and unstable due to rainwater and moisture. For this reason, only a few areas of the buildung were still reasonably safe accessible. In the end, in this advanced state of decay, the castle is beyond saving, I think.

• By SpiderMonkey
      Before heading to this colliery, we had been viewing photos of the recent demolition. Images of headstocks lying crumpled on the ground didn't exactly give us much hope, but without any other options until much later in the day, we headed on to see if there was at least a scrap of something nice left behind. It turned out that it was largely the plant side of things that had been demolished, and these areas often turn out to be fairly uninspiring anyway. To our surprise, a big handful of buildings were left behind, including the bath house, admin, and the tall winding tower, which was our first target. 

Visited with @AndyK!, Terminal Decline and @extreme_ironing

The colliery operated from 1901 until 1997, when the site was acquired by RAG, at which time it became Bergwerk Ost. It was fully shut down in 2010. 

Winding Gear - 

The next target was the bath house and admin building, just a quick dash across the road - 

Lamp room - 

Admin - 

A typical zeche atrium -

Some front areas were quite grand -

Next was the power house, which turned out to be much better than expected - 

Upon first glance, the building appeared to be completely turbine free, only revealing only a large hall and an alright looking control panel - 

But upon further inspection, we found this tasty greenboi, which made it all the more worth it - 

There's a couple more bits to see here, would be interesting to see inside if anyone manages to crack the last bits before it's fully redeveloped.

Cheers 👍