Andy

Italy Vecchia scuola con globo (visited 07/2018)

I already visited this former school in Italy last summer.

I don't know if the rumor is true; but I heard that the globe is not original. Allegedly, the previously existing globe was stolen. Then, so is said, a photographer brought another globe and put it there. But as I said, I don't know if this story is true.

Anyway, there were other beautiful things in this school along with old maps.

Mostly you can only see photos of the one classroom with the globe online. That's why it was important for me to photograph and show other rooms from there as well.

bild01.jpg

bild02.jpg

bild03.jpg

bild04.jpg

bild05.jpg

bild06.jpg

bild07.jpg

bild08.jpg

bild09.jpg

bild10.jpg

bild11.jpg

bild12.jpg

bild13.jpg

bild14.jpg

• Like 4

Crazy story with the globe. Nice to see more from this place than only the classroom and the bedroom. Ehhm where is the bedroom? 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2019 at 4:19 PM, Benjamin W. said:

Ehhm where is the bedroom? 

Um, I think I've been in other rooms for so long that I finally missed the bedroom. Well, not so bad. It's only one old small bedroom, like many others.  It was more important for me, also to show some other rooms, too, that you usually don't get to see online.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jones-y-gog said:

Looks like a beautiful building, from the inside at least! 

Thanks! From the outside, the building was indeed rather boring and unadorned. You hardly would have expected from the outside that inside are still so beautiful rooms.

Our hobby shows again and again: Don't judge a book by its cover. ;) 

• Like 1

This place is high on my to do list for 2019 and seeing this report makes me want to go even more! Fantastic photographs and very well covered as always @Andy. An interesting story regarding the globe as well, I'd heard it had been stolen and was a bit disappointed. I've seen a lot of pictures recently with the globe in it so it would make sense it has been replaced, glad to see there's still some good people left in the community! 

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By The Urban Tourist
      Some months ago I went to explore this abandoned middle school. Since it is almost completely vandalized, there is nothing special inside (exept maybe for the wooden chair you will see), but what made me so curious about this structure was its architecture, very modern and... unusual for a school. Since it was raining and we didn't have any umbrellas, I couldn't take many pictures from outside; I also tried to climb onto the top, but for the same reason I stayed there only for a few seconds (the camera I was using wasn't even mine and was really expensive, so I was scared to ruin it).

Here is the complete album.

"-RiP- You were and remain unique, grandpa"
      (I found that chair in that position)

• By Benjamin W.
      Since many years we knew this manicomio of the italian south but we never tried to go there. It's not the best place to be cause of the crime in this region. Italians warned us that we had to take care of our gear if we explore this region. Sometimes it's not good to hear to many stories cause you begin to think too much of it while exploring. This areal is really huge but we coulnd't explore everything cause we heard and saw guys who stole things there with using heavy tools. We didn't want to meet them, so we had to skip some parts. Few years ago there must be some untouched parts but now nearly every part is vandalized, empty or full of mess and most things you can sell are taken. I've never seen so many corridors with Cells before, this must be a really bad place for the mental deseased patients once.
      I only took pictures of the interesting things:

• By Andy
      A nice French farmhouse, located on the edge of a small village in southern Alsace.

• By Andy
      RAF Coningsby is a partially active RAF base and was opened in 1940 as a bomber station. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find more about the history of this place. So I don't know when the abandoned part has been closed.

Stupidly I had forgotten the plate of my tripod at home. That's why I had to take the photos without a tripod and with a higher ISO setting.
      Visited with @The_Raw and others, before we joined the "End of summer party" in September last year.

45 - The_Raw's new friend   

• By Andy
      From the outside it was obvious that the building was abandoned. Next door, children were playing in the yard of the adjacent school, while we entered the former residence through an open door. Some parts of the villa were already very ruinous or even collapsed, but the beautiful wall and ceiling paintings were fortunately largely still preserved.

I thought I'd already posted this house in the forum. But I was obviously mistaken, because I couldn't find it here. Apparently I'm getting old and confused ...