The Urban Tourist

Italy Former textile factory N., February 2019

This is a very popular textile factory in Italy. It is very big, it even has a power plant which used to power the whole structure when it was functioning. We stayed there for like 4 hours and managed to explore maybe only 2/3 of the place (or even less)... Entering there was tricky because all the doors has recently been welded (even that one which was used by all the explorers) and the only remaining access was 3 meters away from a couple in a car while doing... nothing, literally. They were just sitting in their car doing nothing... So we had to improvise a little bit. When we got out we almost got spotted by a very slow police car so I instantly layed down inside the cabin at the entrance (I was taking a picture there) and my mate hid himself behind of it. We even heard the police radio a few meters away from us. After a few minutes we saw the car moving away from us, and then we managed to get out.

That was honestly funny lol

Here is the complete album.

137926266_Thegrandfinale.jpg.7f008c81782d9e2be68766784f0ad712.jpg

93325536_Wereallcatalogued.jpg.744075758db8b2c78c0ec852a9564a39.jpg

Army.jpg.bcb1b43653f31a39f3705a2ff20179fc.jpg

Green_blood.jpg.88f2b28f86cbaa6fb0cc6f1d39abd14d.jpg

1354805477_Italianquality.jpg.e2ed4d235eb9fceccf0c6f81ba4c35b7.jpg

623757398_Controlpanel.jpg.37408b92cb2d90bb4d3d429520b0e6b5.jpg

258460531_Sameoldboringroutine....jpg.e29b10dcb4b977fe66a2e13bb42656d8.jpg

1878275932_Shutdown.jpg.ee389fe7207c444fc5e352e60b159335.jpg

Windows.jpg.d50711914890f73c7a41028d647f288a.jpg

935027413_Takeonlywhatyouneed.jpg.c7b4ea85f8f8987be629fa649e1c387e.jpg

Bricks.jpg.5007b88ca265ae028cad45a11bf98169.jpg

Complicated_design.jpg.1cb53e7d612d619eec9d8f7e96bd5ba0.jpg

1820339156_TheKeymaker.jpg.dc6e0bb888038b6f850e0ea57e4756d2.jpg

Edited by The Urban Tourist
  • Like 5

I can't remember having seen this place before. The rotten turbines, the control room with the old computers, the detail shot of the board with the keys - really great.

45 minutes ago, Andy said:

I can't remember having seen this place before. The rotten turbines, the control room with the old computers, the detail shot of the board with the keys - really great.

Maybe it isn't really famous internationally speaking, but at least here in Italy every explorer who loves industrial locations has visited this place or knows about it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Hooismans
      History
      This colliery was opened in 1901 due to the increasing demand of coal in this heavy industrialized area of Germany. After that this coal mine grew rapidly in the amount of employees and the amount of coal that was made in this place, this complex made on its peak around 9000 tons coal per day. In 1997 this coal mine was sold to another big german coal mining concern. in 2010 this place needed to be shut down to new environmental reasons and because mining coal in this area was outdated and too expensive. 

Our explore:
      when we went to this place we didn't really knew what to expect of this place this was because we didn't really saw any photos of this place at that time, i only knew that there was a nice cooling tower on this site and that there was a control room somewhere. When we entered the complex we could pretty much walk free around, there warent any camera's or sensors at the time of exploring. After walking around for awhile we found an entrance to the admin building. When we got inside we were absolutely staggered with the state this building was in. Everything was still like the closing day in 2010, and it was really nice and warm inside (75 degrees Fahrenheit). There was also an amazing room full of baskets, this one is probably one of the better examples. 

I really liked exploring this place!

Elephant by Hooismans, on Flickr

Bergwerk HR by Hooismans, on Flickr

Cooling Tower by Hooismans, on Flickr

Cooling Tower by Hooismans, on Flickr

Bergwerk HR by Hooismans, on Flickr

Baskets by Hooismans, on Flickr

I also made a video of this place where i tell the history of this place. And where i explain were certain rooms were used for.
      It is is dutch but i has Subtitles.

Thanks for reading through!
    • By urblex
      Explored with my partner, who told me about this place, was completely unaware that i was passing it on the bus every day until she told me about it... Wasn't really expecting it to be that good but really enjoyed it. Didn't look like we were going to find a way in at first but i found what i thought was a pretty cool access point, even if it was a bit cobweby 

Not sure exactly when it closed but they closed due to being an awful place to leave your dog, they sound pretty bad and from what I've heard i wouldn't leave a dog with them. Here is a 'review' from 2008;
      "We have used the one at Greeba a few years back and I decided not to return when, on collection, our Lab jumped into the boot of the car with such force that he, literally, bounced back out again. I also read in the paper not long after that they had lost a dog and some kind of hearing resulted. I can't remember if they had their licence revoked or had been fined, but they stopped taking boarders after that."

• By urblex
      First of two places we got onto that day, we had about 4 places in our sights & this was the only one that was on our list that we managed to get into. A great explore & a lot more to see than i was expecting. Most of the upper floors were fallen/falling through. 

The person that told me about this place described it as 'the old nunnery' but there doesn't seem to be any evidence of it actually being a nunnery. From what i can tell it used to be the house of the vicar/priest/whatever that worked in the church across the road. Permission has been granted for the demolition of the existing building and construction of 51 sheltered housing units.

the previous occupant certainly knew how to have a good time

• By SpiderMonkey
      Before heading to this colliery, we had been viewing photos of the recent demolition. Images of headstocks lying crumpled on the ground didn't exactly give us much hope, but without any other options until much later in the day, we headed on to see if there was at least a scrap of something nice left behind. It turned out that it was largely the plant side of things that had been demolished, and these areas often turn out to be fairly uninspiring anyway. To our surprise, a big handful of buildings were left behind, including the bath house, admin, and the tall winding tower, which was our first target. 

Visited with @AndyK!, Terminal Decline and @extreme_ironing

The colliery operated from 1901 until 1997, when the site was acquired by RAG, at which time it became Bergwerk Ost. It was fully shut down in 2010. 

Winding Gear - 

The next target was the bath house and admin building, just a quick dash across the road - 

Lamp room - 

Admin - 

A typical zeche atrium -

Some front areas were quite grand -

Next was the power house, which turned out to be much better than expected - 

Upon first glance, the building appeared to be completely turbine free, only revealing only a large hall and an alright looking control panel - 

But upon further inspection, we found this tasty greenboi, which made it all the more worth it - 

There's a couple more bits to see here, would be interesting to see inside if anyone manages to crack the last bits before it's fully redeveloped.

Cheers 👍

• By Stevepg
      A nice local one today; had many a great night in here it closed in 2012 with the building of the new by pass killing trade 
      Only accessed the pub the adjoining function suite locked tight shut alas
      Friday night  in the adjoining converted barn was rock night in the 70s as a teenager