Beneficial-Cucumber

USA Abandoned Blast Furnace Bridge - PA

That's not how it works I'm afraid, we need the images to be added into the report with a bit of history if available please, along with the month and year visited in the title.

Got some great photos there, would it be possible to compile them into a report as @AndyK! has suggested? We have a few technical guides to assist you with this. You can post via Flickr or upload your images directly onto the forum. If you have any issues or queries, please let us know. 

https://www.oblivionstate.com/forum/information/technical-help/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Vancolen Kevin
      I had an awesome time here, it's a huge abandoned factory
      It's still guarded, but easy to visit ..

I've spend a lot of time inside and a local person also told us about the history of the place.
      His family didn't have any hot water, so when he was a child , his mother used to take him to the factory to give him a bath .

• By a World in Ruins
      Once in a while a house appears that is just something else and this house was one of those. Visited with Ninja Kitten one cold November day. I know a lot of history to this house but will hold it back to protect the house. Giving too much detail of its history along with names would compromise it. The photographs can speak for themselves. A veritable feast of dusty vintage artefacts locked in another time. The bedroom pictured here looked as if it had remained as it was when the very young soldier perished in WW1. An organic museum if ever there was one in existence. A museum to a fallen soldier.
      Hope you enjoy

• By anthrax
      This is one for the history books, I am really unsure how long this factory will stay how it is. It's one of the best, if not the best spot, that I have ever visited. It looked like there had been some vandalism at first when we entered, but in the upper and other parts of the factory, everything looks so untouched, it's unbelievable. 

Full Album (80 pics): https://flic.kr/s/aHsmAYHLXQ
      IG: @ofcdnb

DSC_4831.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_4832.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_4833.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_4837.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_4840.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_4846.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_4849.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_4853.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_4862.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_4871.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_4890.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_4893.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_4895.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_4900.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_4918.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_4928.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_4940.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_4941.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_4942.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

DSC_4946.jpg by anthrx, auf Flickr

• By AndyK!
      Whitley Bridge Mill was originally built in 1870s by John and Thomas Croysdale. Powered by electricity and steam, the mill utilised roller milling, a technique that had revolutionised the flour industry. For more than 100 years the mill was owned by James Bowman & Sons Ltd. Bowmans ceased operations at the mill in 2016 after making the decision to move away from flour milling, and the mill was subsequently closed.

Much of the machinery and equipment had been sold at auction, and extensive damaged caused to the building during the removal of the equipment. However enough remained to make this an interesting visit. The building is like a maze, and we kept find more and more bits every time we thought we'd covered the entire place. Visited with @The Amateur Wanderer.

Archive image of the mill

The mill as it stands today

Autoroller roller mills

More roller mills

The roller mills were the main machinery in the flour milling process

One of the few remaining original windows, although now with a metal sheet covering

The laboratory was quite interesting

Note the Bowmans logo used to form a pattern in the tiles

Rear exterior and silos

Fuel pumps
    • By jones-y-gog
      According to a report in August 2018 there were 18 pubs closing in the UK every week with 476 closures in the first 6 months of that year. It's a sobering (sorry) thought for someone like me who appreciates an ale or six in a nice hostelry. 

There are records showing The Bridge Inn here going back to around 1875 although how far back it dates is unclear. It closed permanently in 2013 and planning permission was given for change of use. I had the feeling that work was starting on redeveloping it when I was there. 

The Welsh name is Tafarn Y Bont - I wouldn't say there's anything that makes it distinctly Welsh - but its a good example of a traditional British pub which still has a few old features. It was nice that it seemed pretty untouched in the years since it closed.