Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By PaulRevz
      may 2019
      I have no info about this camp in the wood near Coed Trefaith

• By PaulRevz
      may 2019

Anzio Camp

The Anzio Camp is situated near Leek in Staffordshire.
      The camp was first used by the US Army in 1943, to house troops.

In 1945/6 the camp was taken over by Polish troops.
      After the war it was used as a civilian settlement by the Poles until 1963/4 when they were moved to a purpose built site half a mile north of the camp
      I cannot find much information on what the camp was used for between 1963 and the early 80's.
      In 1980 the MOD took over the site and it was used as a training camp for Regular and Territorial Army troops and also scouts and cadets.
      The camp closed in 2004 as it was deemed surplus to requirements by the MOD

It was bought in 2006 by care operator John Munroe Hospital, of Rudyard, with a view to developing a care home.
      But the site was again sold, in July 2007, to a consortium of Courtyard Property Group and Smartwright Developments.
      Planning officers recommended that the planning application is refused on the grounds that the site lies within open countryside on the fringe of the Peak District National Park, which is designated as a Special Landscape Area.
      In 2010 the site was sold again to an Air soft company called first and Only.

• By PaulRevz
      Came across Abandon Factory didnt know what it was at first, May 2019

Kwik Save is a British discount supermarket chain that was founded in Wales. It had shops across the United Kingdom. It went into administration in July 2007, but was brought back in April 2012. Its shops were small to medium sized high street supermarkets, mainly located in areas with below average incomes.
      It struggled to make profits during the 2000s, as superstore operators such as Asda, Tesco and Sainsbury's introduced their own budget brands, and foreign discounters such as Lidl, Aldi and Netto (who all arrived in the United Kingdom during the first half of the 1990s) expanded.[1]
      The company was listed on the London Stock Exchange, and was once a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. It went into administration on 6 July 2007, and closed most of its shops across the United Kingdom, with the remaining 56 being sold to a new company, FreshXpress, which itself went into administration in March 2008.[2]
      It was then resurrected in a smaller form with nine shops, but this second incarnation of FreshXpress went into administration, and ceased trading in 2009. All remaining shops have since been closed.[3] In 2012, the brand was relaunched as a budget fascia for convenience shops supplied by Costcutter.[4][5]

• By Hooismans
      History
      This colliery was opened in 1901 due to the increasing demand of coal in this heavy industrialized area of Germany. After that this coal mine grew rapidly in the amount of employees and the amount of coal that was made in this place, this complex made on its peak around 9000 tons coal per day. In 1997 this coal mine was sold to another big german coal mining concern. in 2010 this place needed to be shut down to new environmental reasons and because mining coal in this area was outdated and too expensive. 

Our explore:
      when we went to this place we didn't really knew what to expect of this place this was because we didn't really saw any photos of this place at that time, i only knew that there was a nice cooling tower on this site and that there was a control room somewhere. When we entered the complex we could pretty much walk free around, there warent any camera's or sensors at the time of exploring. After walking around for awhile we found an entrance to the admin building. When we got inside we were absolutely staggered with the state this building was in. Everything was still like the closing day in 2010, and it was really nice and warm inside (75 degrees Fahrenheit). There was also an amazing room full of baskets, this one is probably one of the better examples. 

I really liked exploring this place!

Elephant by Hooismans, on Flickr

Bergwerk HR by Hooismans, on Flickr

Cooling Tower by Hooismans, on Flickr

Cooling Tower by Hooismans, on Flickr

Bergwerk HR by Hooismans, on Flickr

Baskets by Hooismans, on Flickr

I also made a video of this place where i tell the history of this place. And where i explain were certain rooms were used for.
      It is is dutch but i has Subtitles.

Thanks for reading through!