My first explore of last year, and it was in December¬†ūüėܬ†oh¬†well at least i'm 'back on the horse'. Met up with a local explorer & this was the first of two places we got into that day, the second place looked derelict but kind of wasn't & turns out we were just being tourists in some poor ladys home so probably wont be posting that one on here. This place was a bit of a shell but the decor was erm 'interesting'. And we found a dead bird, which was obviously awesome¬†ūüėĬ†

d9XDwkI.jpg?1

History stolen from https://www.forgottenisle.com/, a great site documenting all the cool derelict stuff on the Isle of Man.

Shilley Aalin was built in the late 60's/early 70's by The Marquess of Queensberry despite locals protesting the build. It lay empty for some time after she passed away and was then bought and rented in the early 00s. Unfortunately, the group of people that rented it caused a lot of damage, and after they left the property lay empty and deteriorated.

Pum6Tf2.jpg?1

UFpYvxK.jpg?1

o2WDkZy.jpg?1

UB7sK7z.jpg?1

nkeVPqy.jpg?1

3bGRxit.jpg?1

xbMi9DD.jpg?1

LgHNMpM.jpg?1

msnEtfA.jpg?1

GNMF88D.jpg?1

pBMoUVb.jpg?1

h5LkpzR.jpg?1

94haXtd.jpg?1

h4yDPTo.jpg?1

• Like 3

Do you know, why locals did protesting the build? Because of the location (and what bothered they there) or why?

Hideous wood panelling, why did people ever do that!! Although I'd live in that spot it has some lovely views by the looks, unless there's some asbestos factory hidden behind it or something!

18 hours ago, Andy said:

Do you know, why locals did protesting the build? Because of the location (and what bothered they there) or why?

I think they protested because it ruins the landscape it's a tacky building & can't argue there haha

11 hours ago, seaside_rambler said:

Hideous wood panelling, why did people ever do that!! Although I'd live in that spot it has some lovely views by the looks, unless there's some asbestos factory hidden behind it or something!

Nope no asbestos factory there haha

• Like 1

Another¬†interesting place bud. The strange shaped corridors remain me of that¬†Latvian bungalow we went to¬†ūüėÉ

Good to see you still have an eye for the dead things. I came across a dead cat on a recent explore. You would have loved it¬†ūüėÉ

On 4/8/2019 at 10:49 PM, Ferox said:

Another¬†interesting place bud. The strange shaped corridors remain me of that¬†Latvian bungalow we went to¬†ūüėÉ

Good to see you still have an eye for the dead things. I came across a dead cat on a recent explore. You would have loved it¬†ūüėÉ

Yeah i suppose it was a bit like the Latvian Consulate, except didnt feel as 'seedy' if you know what i mean. And there was no epic swimming pool like in the consulate. Ooooh, did you get a pic of the cat???