This is one of the most attractive rooftop in my hometown Gabrovo. Try new extreme stunt - walking on the edge and juggling. Concentration and confidence in yourself, without the right to mistake.
Another well visited place May 2019
Formerly it used to be some form of home for single mothers with children apparently from ireland (salvation army maternity home) , also kim catrell was apparently born there
Now the depressing bit
Two brothers were fined more than £82,000 after their “depressing, unhygienic and unsafe” care home was shut down by inspectors.
These breaches were assessed by CQC as extreme, as the seriousness of the concerns placed a significant risk on the lives, health and well-being of the people living in the home.
The premises were unsafe and poorly maintained.
There was insufficient hot water and unsafe windows in many people’s bedrooms. The premises were also unclean and placed people at risk from infection.
People were smoking in the building where the fire detection units were faulty and oxygen cylinders were also present which caused a considerable fire hazard.
The list goes on and on thankfully no one died as a consequence the above issues
Treading a well worn path to this behemoth of a building
The foundation stone for Greenbank Drive Synagogue was laid on 14 June 1936 by Baron Tobias Globe attended by the Chief Rabbi of the British Empire, Dr J H Hertz. The building was consecrated on August 15 1937 and opened by Professor Henry Cohen (a member of the congregation and later Lord Cohen of Birkenhead). The basement area of the building was originally used as a youth centre and the synagogue had its own scout troop (the 22nd Wavertree). During the blitz in 1941 Greenbank Drive Synagogue was used as a reception centre for bombed out families in Liverpool and held a non-Jewish service at Christmas. It was also used as a social centre during the war by American Jewish GIs stationed at an air base in Burtonwood, Warrington. After the war they presented a plaque to the congregation (displayed in the entrance hall). In May 1959 a burglar started a fire that destroyed the Ark and Torah scrolls and part of the roof structure. The building was subsequently restored by the original firm of architects at a cost of £50,000 and re-consecrated in 1961. Due to increasing competition the youth centre closed at this time. A further fire occurred in two first floor offices behind the ladies' gallery in 1965 but damage was confined to the former areas. The building ceases active use on January 5 2008.