Sign in to follow this  
SuZyQue

UK WW2 Ammunition store - Ramsgate - Jan 07 Report.

Visited this place with Lynton, Miss CSI, and SteAlTh last year, it has now been sealed up, but a interesting little explore, Enjoy the pics.My camera wasn't the best then, had a cheap old argos number, the others have better ones.

The tiny hole we squeezed through.

ammostoreramsgatekent-03-Jan-08001.jpg

ammostoreramsgatekent-03-Jan-08026.jpg

ammostoreramsgatekent-03-Jan-08025.jpg

Lots of old bottles and rubbish lying about, we think that when pleasurama was on the site they used to put some of there stuff inside this place.

ammostoreramsgatekent-03-Jan-08021.jpg

ammostoreramsgatekent-03-Jan-08020.jpg

ammostoreramsgatekent-03-Jan-08016.jpg

Lots of carvings in the chalk.

ammostoreramsgatekent-03-Jan-08005.jpg

ammostoreramsgatekent-03-Jan-08015.jpg

ammostoreramsgatekent-03-Jan-08013.jpg

ammostoreramsgatekent-03-Jan-08003.jpg

ammostoreramsgatekent-03-Jan-08023.jpg

ammostoreramsgatekent-03-Jan-08022.jpg

This was a nice easy explore.

this is hms fervent...

the ammo store apparently used to be a couple of roads back and if you check out thanet underground they have listed the book they found with all the information in it.

The main reason it was believed to be the ammo store is that the 1st post on this place was done by fortknox0 on 28dl and he titled it ammo stores as thats what we believed it to be at the time!

useful info Xplora, I though it looked like HMS Fervent. Shame it got sealed, its one of the places I wouldnt mind a look at :x

yeah and just to make things worse they are going to build luxuary appartments up the side of the cliff so not only is is bricked tite...its got f*ckin buildings infront of it pretty soon so there will be 100% no way of even getting it opened!

ill get my piccys of the place up soon!

here are a couple of ma piccys...done on a rubbish old digital back in the day but not the worst pic ever! visited this place with fortknox0.

after a load of research we found out about an ammo store in ramgate so went looking then remembered this entrance! we got there to try find a way in or see if we could get over the wall and it had literally just been knocked down by builders....this was before the wooden board had even gone up...so off we went, we later found out about HMS fervent and that the ammo store was actually further into ramsgate but i never found out where :cry:

anyway the pics

post-363-14493257258421_thumb.jpgPICT0157.JPG[/attachment:10rd6nqy]

Urbex Gmaps.zipPICT0158.JPG[/attachment:10rd6nqy]

PICT0166.JPG[/attachment:10rd6nqy]

PICT0168.JPG[/attachment:10rd6nqy]

PICT0175.JPG[/attachment:10rd6nqy]

PICT0188.JPG[/attachment:10rd6nqy]

Nice pics xplora, your camera was certainly better than mine, and nice to hear the history, thankyou for that. It was bigger inside than my pics show. :)