Sign in to follow this  
SuZyQue

UK Richborough Power Station - April 2007 - Report

This was on the way back from the garden centre, I persuaded my mate to stop by and after climbing through brambles, mud etc we were in, these are fantastic up close, enjoy the pics.

This was taken from the car on the way there.

richboroughpowerstation-27-01-08001.jpg

Finally they came into view after a muddy and long walk.

richboroughpowerstation-27-01-08003.jpg

Up close wow.

richboroughpowerstation-27-01-08004.jpg

richboroughpowerstation-27-01-08005.jpg

Inside some control room.

richboroughpowerstation-27-01-08010.jpg

richboroughpowerstation-27-01-08012.jpg

My mate standing next to one of those towers, its huge.

richboroughpowerstation-27-01-08013.jpg

richboroughpowerstation-27-01-08014.jpg

A old helicopter, this place was used for paintballing.

richboroughpowerstation-27-01-08015.jpg

The helicopter controls.

richboroughpowerstation-27-01-08016.jpg

Couldn't resist a pic of this on the way in, thats all of the pics I got as my battery died on me, enjoy the pics, it was fun with a nice pub lunch and drink afterwards, got absolutely filthy but great fun.

richboroughpowerstation-27-01-08009.jpg

all i know is that it shut down after they couldn't afford the price of coal etc they did try and bring it back by using a cheap substitute but this being cheap had its downside which was it sent alot of a black tar like substance which landed on a load of cars across the road which my cousin used to work amozeti or something that sounds the same :D and the power station owners had to pay compensation to clean the cars thats what finished it off

sorry about no full stops i lost my button :(

Richborough was constructed in the late 50's early 60's, the rest of the history of this place I found on the link below. Cheers for the comments guys. :)

http://www.curiousplaces.co.uk/index.ph ... 1&Itemid=0

That be my website :D and it is a pretty cool place, except we were there at night in a force 8 gale! (well ok maybenot quite, but it felt like it!)

Maniac.

Hey maniac sorry about that I didn't realise it was your site or I would have mentioned your name. Will check out more of your site now lol to make amends, I can't keep up with all these sites lol. from what I saw it looked good. :)

sweet pics mateeyyy! always wondered what they are like up close, i can see them from my village (guston) in dover!

Hey maniac sorry about that I didn't realise it was your site or I would have mentioned your name. Will check out more of your site now lol to make amends, I can't keep up with all these sites lol. from what I saw it looked good. :)

No worries, I'm quite pleased it turned up in a search to be honest! :)