Sign in to follow this  
vanishing days

18th Century Caves Military Road - Dover - Kent - 09/11/2008

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By jane doe
      Another old explore ...a little gem in Kent   

• By Light-worx
      An abandoned beacon in the baltic sea. There are two of it. One 1000m and the other one in 4000m distance from the runway.
      Ther were used to enlarge the range of the runway ...so the pilots could navigate easier to the short runway.

Build and used by the NVA. The army of the former GDR... (DDR).

• By anthrax
      Hello folks!

I recently visited an abandoned military barrack which was used by Pioneers for almost a hundred years. The area is abandoned for a few years now, 2015 the buildings were used for accommodation for refugees. Since somewhere around then, the place sits empty. There are already plans on how the area is going to be used once they tore down the remains of the barracks. A new district housing around 2500 people, a school campus and a kindergarten amongst other things will be built here. All that a car-free zone. Can't say I'm too bummed about that, sounds like it could be a sick project! 

DSC_6434 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_6453 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_6463 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_6478 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_6486 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_6494 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_6512 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_6544 by anthrax, auf Flickr

If I could excite you for more, check out the full album here or my post about it here. 
    • By anthrax
      My first real Urban Exploration was done on that airfield. This is where it all began for me and it wasn't even that long ago! 
      The airfield opened in 1936, initially for the usage for civilian air traffic such as sport flying (if that's a word). Not only that but the area was also used for construction of various aircraft-related mechanisms and for supporting the army with weapon technology during the Second World War. The Red Army took over operations after WW2 which explains the signs with cyrillic writing.

DSC_4227 by anthrax, auf Flickr
      DSC_4266 by anthrax, auf Flickr
      DSC_4404 by anthrax, auf Flickr

The album with all pictures can be found here and my thorough post here. 
    • By Faith Roswell
      Have any of you missed a site: somewhere that was torn down, redeveloped or closed off just before you had the chance to visit and look around?
      I had a very quick look at this quarry but it was demolished just before I had planned to go back and climb stuff!
      Full report is here http://www.lifeoutthere.co.uk/2018/04/18/the-quarry-that-got-away/

What was your "one that got away"?