Sign in to follow this  
PowerSurge

UK Duke of Kent, Thanet Way, Faversham-REPORT-10/10/08

After seeing a previous post on Broken Britain and living not a million miles away from the site I decided to visit with Trench as back up.

It was most def a creepy place and it has fallen into disrepair. It is a lovely looking building but the atmosphere inside was not right. Creepy to say the least

(I had originally posted this report on BB as a reply ro Trench's report)

The view from the Car Park

DukeofKent200819.jpg

The back of the pub, looking up from what is left of the garden. Most of the tiles have fallen of the roof on this part of the pub and has had a serious effect on the inside esp upstairs

DukeofKent200817.jpg

A very sorry looking seat

DukeofKent200822.jpg

Inside the pub was in a bad way

The old Kitchen?

DukeofKent20087.jpg

What is left of the stairs

DukeofKent20084.jpg

Would love to have looked up there but the celling above us was full of holes and you could see day light through some of the holes. Anyway the floor we where walking on was in a bad way as it was.

DukeofKent20089.jpg

DukeofKent20086.jpg

Down to the cellar?

DukeofKent20088.jpg

Walking to the Bars we had to walk over this door, it nearly gave way under me, and there isnt much floor left underneath

DukeofKent20085.jpg

What is left of the Bars

DukeofKent200812.jpg

DukeofKent200813.jpg

DukeofKent200814.jpg

DukeofKent200815.jpg

Anyone for the loo?

DukeofKent200810.jpg

After hearing what trench thought was a door shutting we decided to go outside. We both took a shot of this window and noticed what looked like a light on inside, I was getting spooked

DukeofKent200816.jpg

Leading down to the cellar, by this time the atmosphere inside the Duke had got to me and I didnt want to go down there.

DukeofKent200824.jpg

DukeofKent200825.jpg

Call me a wimp or a woos, but the pub had an unpleasant feel inside and I certainally didnt feel safe but after going outside the atmosphere improved and I could have stayed there for hours taken pics from outside

DukeofKent20082.jpg

This place certainally gave me the creeps. What a great explore, even though we couldnt get upstairs

That's one well and truely f**ked building. I remember seeing the pics on Broken Britain, thanks for posting them here.

I think it's very likely that will be gone soon, it's looking way too badly gone to ever be used as a building again. Mind you, I said that about the prospect Inn near broadstairs, and that was restored and is now part of the big travel lodge there!

Maniac.

Great pics, I visited this as a recckke on the way to a abandoned plane at manston, [don't ask lol] I couldn't get in through window as it was too high up lol, and had a shoulder prob at the time, mind you having looked through window that was enough, there was some weird writing on the wall I believe, did you see that? it does look creepy. :)

Great pics, I visited this as a recckke on the way to a abandoned plane at manston, [don't ask lol] I couldn't get in through window as it was too high up lol, and had a shoulder prob at the time, mind you having looked through window that was enough, there was some weird writing on the wall I believe, did you see that? it does look creepy. :)

Didnt manage to see the writing but I had seen pics of it on BB. There was more writing upstairs, but getting up there was just to dangerous. That whole place just freaked me out

Funny how 'it's recently been subject to a planning application' and then amazingly there's a fire in the old building at roughly the same time, even thou that place must have been empty for over 10 years or more and no one's torched it in that time.

Suspicios, mucho. Will anything be done, I seriously doubt it. :angry2:

Maniac