Sign in to follow this  
Shadow

UK Lillesden School For Girls, May 09

Visited with Fluff and Maniac,

Visited with Fluff and Maniac,

The school occupies what used to be the Lillesden Estate Mansion, built at the estate (south of Hawkhurst) in 1855 by the banker Edward Loyd, who moved there after marrying. The house and estate remained in the family until just after the First World War, when it was then sold and eventually became the Bedgebury Girls Public School.

The school closed around 1999 and has been abandoned ever since. Due to the theft of its lead roof, water damage is now sadly causing the buildings to collapse. However, it is now owned by a property developed and expected to be converted into private apartments at some point in the future.

It was also used as a location in Dr Who

Picture1.png_3.jpg

Picture36.png_2.jpg

Picture6.png_3.jpg

Picture32.png_1.jpg

Picture14.png_4.jpg

Picture15.png_4.jpg

Picture16.png_1.jpg

Picture18.png_1.jpg

Picture25.png_1.jpg

Picture22.png_1.jpg

Picture24.png_1.jpg

Picture26.png_1.jpg

Picture27.png_2.jpg

Picture28.png_1.jpg

Picture12.png_5.jpg

Hope you like the pix,

Peace out.

Shadz

The school occupies what used to be the Lillesden Estate Mansion, built at the estate (south of Hawkhurst) in 1855 by the banker Edward Loyd, who moved there after marrying. The house and estate remained in the family until just after the First World War, when it was then sold and eventually became the Bedgebury Girls Public School.

The school closed around 1999 and has been abandoned ever since. Due to the theft of its lead roof, water damage is now sadly causing the buildings to collapse. However, it is now owned by a property developed and expected to be converted into private apartments at some point in the future.

It was also used as a location in Dr Who

Picture1.png

Picture36.png

Picture6.png

Picture32.png

Picture14.png

Picture15.png

Picture16.png

Picture18.png

Picture25.png

Picture22.png

Picture24.png