Sign in to follow this  
Nelly

UK Joseph Rank House - Harlow - Jan 2011

Joseph Rank House is the tallest building in Harlow at a height of 151 ft (46m)

Once a headquarters for Rank, Hovis Mc Dougal (The bread makers) it is under now construction to turn it into 132 flats

This was my first ever roof and I chose the windiest night of the year so far to visit, the guy on the weather just said that gusts of 85 m.p.h. have been measured, and it felt like it up there!!!

46m151ft.jpg

1_1.jpg

2_2.jpg

2a.jpg

2b.jpg

3_2.jpg

4_2.jpg

5_1.jpg

6_1.jpg

7_2.jpg

8_2.jpg

9_1.jpg

10_1.jpg

11_1.jpg

12_2.jpg

13_2.jpg

NellyBanner2_2.jpg

Thanks for taking the time :)

My first ever roof, I don't do height well, but I was surprised to find a 6 foot wall around the perimeter, If you look at photo 4, my mate is standing on a foot and a half tall sealant tin just to be able to see over.

Are all high building walls like this? I don't know, but I'll tell you when I do my next one :mrgreen:

My first ever roof, I don't do height well, but I was surprised to find a 6 foot wall around the perimeter, If you look at photo 4, my mate is standing on a foot and a half tall sealant tin just to be able to see over.

Are all high building walls like this? I don't know, but I'll tell you when I do my next one :mrgreen:

Ah first roof i tried to get on involved a 6 foot staircase/ladder very narrow and right next 80 foot drop and me legs just wouldnt let me :lol:

Ha ha, me and kent_urbex walked right past this when we did the Harlow Odeon - we did think about jumping the fence and climbing to the top, but kent_urbex needed to get home.

Pretty clear shots for your first set of rooftop photos, not bad at all. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Viktorija
      Cultural house. Concert hall scene. Paintings of the 1976 cultural house concert hall walls in Lithuania.  
      #loveurbex 

• By jane doe
      Snowdown was the deepest colliery in Kent reaching well over 3,000 ft (915 metres). It was also the hottest and most humid pit in Kent and was given the name 'Dante's Inferno' by the miners. Regarded by many as the worst pit to work at in Britain, most Snowdown miners worked naked because clothes became too uncomfortable. The miners could consume around 24 pints (14 lires) of water in an 8-hour shift. There were frequent cases of heat stroke.

Snowdown closed in 1987

• By jane doe
      Established in 1926, G.L. Murphy was a family run business and supplied bespoke machinery to the tanning industry, as well as building rag cutting and cable stripping machinery.  The company also provide refurbishment and renovation works for various machinery types. 

• By crabb
      What's left of the south marston hotel, remains an empty, scorched shell. Not much to see on this one, and I am way to late but hey, it still provides an eerie vibe. And the photos came out pretty good too. Thanks,
      C

• By jane doe
      Predannack opened in 1941 as an RAF base, but today is the satellite airfield to RNAS Culdrose - it is a restricted MOD site and an active airfield used daily for flying training and also provides our Fire Fighting training facility. The area is heavily utilised by Culdrose helicopter squadrons, light fixed wing aircraft and, on an occasional basis by other aircraft types including jet aircraft, for a variety of reasons. Predominantly crews are involved in intensive training sorties involving a high cockpit workload. On average there is in excess of 2000 aircraft moves a month at the unit. The airfield is also used by the Fire Training School for live fire fighting and rescue instruction/exercises and there is also a rifle range at Predannack which is frequently used for live weapon firings. Additionally the airfield is used for a variety of additional tasks when the Control Tower is unmanned e.g. gliding.