Sign in to follow this  
Nelly

Tottenham Park Cemetery Chapel - April 2011

Skeleton Key and myself set off to London for an explore that we had tried a fortnight earlier and failed to gain access.

We had an hour or so to burn before darkness and I remembered a derelict chapel that I had seen a week or so before.

Tottenham Park Cemetery is a small private burial ground dating from 1912. At the near the bottom wall sits this beautiful derelict chapel

Capture.jpg

Couldn't really find much in the way of history on the internet apart from this strange piece....

On the night of Halloween 1968 a graveyard desecration by persons unknown

occurred at Tottenham Park Cemetery in London.

These persons arranged flowers taken from graves in circular patterns with

arrows of blooms pointing to a new grave, which was uncovered.

A coffin was opened and the body inside "disturbed".

But their most macabre act was driving an iron stake in form a cross

though the lid and into the breast of the corpse.

The source is the London Evening News, 2 November 1968

Capture2.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_9993.jpg

IMG_9999.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_9982.jpg

IMG_9983.jpg

IMG_9994.jpg

Image1.jpg

IMG_9978.jpg

IMG_9977.jpg

The entrance to the chapel had a burnt out and presumably stolen car wedged in through the doors

IMG_9988.jpg

Unusual indeed mate, as the write up says, it was a pop in while we were waiting for it to get dark enough for a second attempt at a pukka splore in Walthamstow.

And guess what, we failed at it :(

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Andy
      Only a few quick shots, taken without a tripod.
      I don't know when the chapel (called "Capel Zinc") was built, it was a subsidiary tabernacle for the now Holy Trinity Church in Corris.
      Chairs has been removed and apparently the property is now used by a flower grower.
      Visited with @The_Raw and @Miss.Anthrope.

• By The_Raw
      Engedi Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Chapel built was built in 1842, rebuilt in 1867 and modified in 1890. The present chapel, dated 1867, is built in the Classical style of the gable entry type, to the design of architect Richard Owen of Liverpool by Evan Jones of Dolyd and cost £4579. The Classical front is of granite masonry with Penmon stone dressings and a portico. The chapel is now Grade II listed.

The interior contains an octagonal pulpit and an ornate organ with classical detailing including Corinthian pilasters and swags. The raked galley is on three sides and is supported by cast iron columns with brackets and foliate capitals. The ceiling consists of 15 square panels, again very heavily decorated with classical mouldings and with ornate roses to the centre of each providing ventilation and fittings for lights. The basement has a ministers room, offices and a schoolroom.

The chapel was sold at auction in April 2014 for £45,000 after having been disused for a number of years. At this time it remains disused and in a state of disrepair.

One thing Wales has in abundance is abandoned chapels. They're not my kind of thing especially but as chapels go this is a pretty decent one. Andy K found this a couple of years ago and amazingly it hasn't changed a lot bar some extra pigeons and their wicked ways. Visited again with @Andy & @Miss.Anthrope.

Diolch am edrych eto

• By The Urban Collective
      Hey, guys here's my video report on the #post-apocalyptic #Camelot #ThemePark.
      I've already made a photographic report with a full history etc so I won't bore you with that here as it is featured in the footage.

Thanks for any feedback guys take it, easy man. 
      PEACE

The Urban Collective
      We Film It...

• By chris banks
      I have found a location close to me in West Yorkshire that has been covered before, the site is nearly completely destroyed but the main barn and some of the out buildings still exist. 
      I enjoyed looking around the site and turning it into a cinematic style video (i hope i aren't hated for it, my last video i posted on here went down well).

Let me know what you think of the video.

• By The Urban Collective
      CAMELOT - Theme Park - Photographic Report - Feb 2018

This abandoned resort and theme park is located in the English county of Lancashire.
      The park's theme was based on the well-known story of King Arthur and the Knights of the roundtable

After numerous takeovers, the theme park was purchased by Story Group and leased to Knight's Leisure who ran the park.
      However, it's closure was announced by the operator, in November 2012.
      In August 2014, an application to build houses on the site was unanimously rejected with 261 public objections.

As of Feb 2018, the park stands empty a former shadow of its glory day slowly but surely falling victim to mother nature.

A new housing development plan has been submitted, to many a protest from the local residents,
      However, if it does go through the once magical kingdom of Camelot will be lost forever.

We gained entry into the former petting zoo and made our way to the middle of the park where we were caught by 4 security guards and a static full of dogs.

Anyway, I hope you can enjoy the pics as its all I was able to get.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.