Sign in to follow this  
Swamp_Donkey

St Magerets Espalande. May 2011

As this has been done many, many times. I don't think much history Is needed. I shall warn you though, its not much of a report. Pretty much ended up as playing with a new "toy". This was due to God dam bloody pigeons, flying all over the place after we accidently disturbed them by walking in. You would think they owned a place by all the fuss they made.

This almost didn't happen, turned up thinking in 5 min's were be up the rope and in. Oh no, some bastard had cut it! So with alot of determination and some expertise we eventually got in. Just started walking in and then low and behold, a pigeon crapped itself and went nuts, setting off all the others. Sod, staying near them so off down the tunnel in the other direction. Thinking this isn't the best of starts.

The bricked up Espalande entrance.

DSC_0010.jpg

Looking back.

DSC_0015.jpg

And the long long tunnel

DSC_0020.jpg

Thats about it for the report. But time to have a play. ( i do apoligise if this is in the wrong section.)

The Tron effect

DSC_0028.jpg

The Matrix

DSC_0038.jpg

And the haunting

DSC_0048.jpg

Thanks for looking, a few lessons re-learned. Sorry if the pictures arn't great, been a long time since i was taking a photo in a tunnel. And with a new camera, which i still need to play with.

Edited by Dubbed Navigator
Editing photo bucket links

Its underground mate..didnt get cut off by the tide then..are you using a normal led as your first few pics are a bit blue :)

The ropes gone the buggers..

Yeah, couldn't find the maglite. And don't have a photo editor to tone it down abit. The sea was good, time it just right.

Ah i worked out after that nice obscurity showed me how to adjust my white babalnce to sort it on board camera..tides down there if you aint carefull are a reet bugger! :)

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Landie_Man
      Another backlog from a West Country Road Trip back in late May with Mookster, our American explorer friend and myself.  This was our second stop off on our first day on the trip; our first being Tone Mills, a revisit for me so I haven't done a report, but with Tone its always a pleasure seeing it.  A wonderful site each and every time.  
      The three of us embarked on the large two day road trip in my trusty 1988 Volvo 240 and rocked up in Torrington that morning.  This site has been derelict for absolutely years, but its in the arse end of nowhere so its taken a while to see it.
      -

Closed in 1993; Dairy Crest's Creamery sat on a site which had been a creamery since 1874.  This particular Art Deco site was built in the 1930's to meet needs, but When the government de-centralised milk collection,the creamery was finally killed off and it closed its doors; a severe blow to the area; with around 200 Job losses.

More At:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/landie_man/albums/72157699243815344
    • By obscureserenity
      Town Mansion 

History

The Town Mansion was originally built in 1912 by a wealthy petroleum importer. During the early 20th century, the area in which the mansion was built, had become a hub for many rich German families in the early 1900's. By 1918, once the First World War had come to an end and the town was heavily damaged by the intense bombing raids at the start of the war and then German occupation of Belgium in 1914. Only two houses in that street survived, the Town Mansion being one of those. It was then later occupied by a Belgium shipbuilder until the late 1960's, when it was used as an office space. The mansion was abandoned in 1991 and hasn't been formally resided in since.

Visit

Visited with @PROJ3CTM4YH3M and a non forum member. As I recall it was a particularly hot spring day and we all excited to see this location, partly to escape from the intense heat. Once we got inside we spent a short amount of time wandering around before we eagerly started taking our pictures. I can confidentially say that this is one of the grandest mansions in Belgium I have visited. I did wonder what the lives of the families that once inhabited it were like and the memories they must have had. It was a very enjoyable explore for me and as always, I hope you enjoy my photos!

If you got this far, thanks for reading 
    • By silverainbow
      Another one of those Ive been meaning to do for ages, Its normally one of those that people do early on in their explore career but I didnt for some reason, the time never felt right , Visited With Ms Penfold, A little history can be found via this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dover_Western_HeightsAnd so for a few PicsThanks for taking the time to look
    • By Ferox
      I first had a look at this spot in 2015. Almost three years on the place has been knocked about a bit and it seemed stripped somehow from the last visit. Did not spend that long in here. As I parked up an old lady drove passed paying more attention to the my car than I liked, so I blasted round in about twenty minutes ☺️ When I came out an old chap drove passed again paying a lot of attention to myself and the car. Country Watch in full swing ☺️ Nice to see the place again but, it did appear to have lost something over the three years.

Thanks for Looking

More pics on my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157669030838798/with/28272201358/
    • By Ferox
      Had a look at this place on a recent trip to Scotland. Very decayed and stripped this one but never the less still a nice spot for a look around. There was some lovely tiles still in place in parts of the hospital which I liked. I do like a bit of old tile work  There was a lot of kids toys dotted about also which seemed strange and  out of place. We almost bumped into a couple of people who turned up while we where there but, they must have heard us inside and ran off. Maybe they had mistaken our low talking for the rustle of feathers A nice relaxed explore this, for us anyway, on a nice sunny afternoon. Visited with non member Paul.

Thanks for Looking

More pics on my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157694792372572/with/41878484015/