Sign in to follow this  
HitGirl

UK Memory Lane Cottage Feb 2013

That's brilliant, I love places like this. They fascinate me on one level, and bring a certain level of sadness on another. I often wonder what happened to the inhabitants of such a place, why was all that stuff left like that?

It also is remarkable at showing how we have changed over the years in the way we communicate as you always find letters in these places from an era where people used to take time to write to each other, and so beautifully written many of them are; little snapshots in time of peoples lives, fascinating.

Thanks for posting. :)

It was an amazing place, full of beautiful memories, loads of letters that talked about the hard times the family had to go through, defo my best explore yet even though it was the smallest we sent hours in there and still need to go back xx

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By urbexdevil
      It’s been a while for various reasons but I am back and hitting the “move along, nothing to see here” central resource library… no seriously, nothing to see here.

So after a brief chat with who turned out to be a long time reader and follower through instagram, we chose a spot to meet and hit the central resource library.

Now to be honest, I was pre warned over a year ago that this place is absolutely trashed and I can confirm exactly that but it’s one I can now tick off the list.

There’s not much to see, unless smashed windows and terrible graffiti is your thing so there is a lack of photos and hardly warranting a report, but here we go anyway!

History wise? It’s a library… it closed and moved to a new location, that’s pretty much all I can say!

• By Andy
      Only a few quick shots, taken without a tripod.
      I don't know when the chapel (called "Capel Zinc") was built, it was a subsidiary tabernacle for the now Holy Trinity Church in Corris.
      Chairs has been removed and apparently the property is now used by a flower grower.
      Visited with @The_Raw and @Miss.Anthrope.

• By jane doe
      This was an old explore from 2012 , the church and school closed in  1977  and Im not sure if its still empty or has been redeveloped  

• By montoff
      Does anyone know if Cloud cottage is still acessible as heading over that way this weekend,thanks

• By silverainbow
      Another one of those Ive been meaning to do for ages, Its normally one of those that people do early on in their explore career but I didnt for some reason, the time never felt right , Visited With Ms Penfold, A little history can be found via this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dover_Western_HeightsAnd so for a few PicsThanks for taking the time to look