Sign in to follow this  
Ninja Kitten

UK The House Of Tears...Sept 2012

The House Of Tears...this place has been a labour of love and hate on occasions...Those who recognise her will know the history and the tragedy that runs throughout her walls..she is simply stunning to walk around in knowing that some of our legends of music have stayed there also made it even more of a truley amazing place to be...after seeing a post on her a couple of years ago and her getting battoned down faster than lightening i decided to hunt her down and give her a whirl back in september..lady luck shone that day and we got the whole afternoon to wander about her..i know the tourist trail hit her very quickly and no doubt youve seen her already, but heres my take on a magnificant building slowly being preserved..

splored with Perjury Saint

i hope you enjoy her as we did...

3_zps33a67973.jpg

cdd_zpscd53994d.jpg

hgfg_zps7b05e5a5.jpg

cx_zps5e6e137b.jpg

32_zpsb0e2182d.jpg

1_zps13db490a.jpg

5_zpsbb144932.jpg

7_zpse886e415.jpg

25_zpsa91430fd.jpg

bnj_zpsd2323dc6.jpg

bnjj_zpse2e66d51.jpg

bnnn_zpsd51d76e4.jpg

cde_zps0db9f36a.jpg

hju_zpsb41c45ab.jpg

IMG_6284_zps7f531370.jpg

IMG_6331_zpsb10b1d1a.jpg

xss_zps1b456bae.jpg

zzz_zpsb74614d7.jpg

mkk_zpsc7c497e3.jpg

nmk_zpsaa82fae7.jpg

ssa_zps69c6c26c.jpg

vbbb_zps73288405.jpg

vgt_zps6e3fd810.jpg

Awesome NK, love the stairs and the little man holding up the ceiling. Did you get to see the tunnel, it's supposed to have some real treasures.

Awesome NK, love the stairs and the little man holding up the ceiling. Did you get to see the tunnel, it's supposed to have some real treasures.

the basement/cellar was used during the war by British Telecom as headquarters for communications for the spy network operating in Europe. Apparently the cellars are bomb proof. All of this equiptment is still there ;)

did you mean this tunnel

http://ymgw.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/brog ... wings.html

Might be the basement then, someone told me there was a tunnel which was full of old telecommunications stuff, but I might have gotten it wrong.

Be nice to have a look what's down there :)

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Luke_z_Olomoca
      Hi, something about Libava.
      I'm sorry for my bad English.
      Libavá is a military space in the Czech Republic with an area of 320km2. There are several dozen mines there. The slate has been cultivated here since the 16th century and has left its remains in the landscape. Before World War II there were 24 villages. Since 1946, all public space has been inaccessible. The army is being trained here and entry is strictly forbidden.
      Slate bearing on the Olomouc Hill is one of the largest in Central Europe. According to surveys from 1947, the power reaches up to 100 m. The slate was broken in the 16th century, the extraction was gained after 1832. In 1889, due to the long and hard winters, which considerably reduced the surface mining, deep mining was started; down to 500 miners worked. In the years 1915-1932, mining was stopped, then about 150 employees worked (under WWII for two hundred prisoners of war). Mining was terminated after the establishment of military space. Attempts to rebuild mining took place in 1992-94, a new exploration pit was thrown out, but the mismatch of potential extraction with the military drilling regime was cut off from plans.
      I managed to get into one mine where it was mined by 2002. The mine is not directly in the military space, but corridors that are several kilometers long lead there. The mine has 3 floors. The top floor is only 200 meters long and it has a 50-meter deep shaft that serves for ventilation.
      2nd floor has a covered entrance, it can only be reached from the 1st floor using climbing equipment (the connection is 30 meters high).
      I shot from this video, trying to capture the underground in all its beauty.
      Enjoy
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZUXFE_qa2o
    • By crabb
      Falcon house. It's been in Swindon since the early days of this towns birth and has been sat empty and abandoned for 16 years.  
      It was said to be the very first headquarters for the well known company zurich, an insurance company, but was promptly moved to a more practical and efficient property.
      The old office block is situated in Swindon town centre on top of a car park right near the entrance to town, which is an eye sore to some but a worthy explore for us. 
      There was nothing much left, only old phones and some really old school computer stuff. 
      It was the view at the end of the video that made it all worth it, being the second highest point in the town aside from the john murray building.  What a view! 
      So please enjoy this video by my good friend and make sure to check out the channel! Have fun out there,
      C

• By Viktorija
      Cultural house. Concert hall scene. Paintings of the 1976 cultural house concert hall walls in Lithuania.  
      #loveurbex 

• By Alexurbex
      This place was a restaurant, incredible restaurant!!

• By jane doe
      Snowdown was the deepest colliery in Kent reaching well over 3,000 ft (915 metres). It was also the hottest and most humid pit in Kent and was given the name 'Dante's Inferno' by the miners. Regarded by many as the worst pit to work at in Britain, most Snowdown miners worked naked because clothes became too uncomfortable. The miners could consume around 24 pints (14 lires) of water in an 8-hour shift. There were frequent cases of heat stroke.

Snowdown closed in 1987