Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By oldskool
      A really nice mill with a little hidden jem.The workshop is like a time capsule worth the trip just to see this, a little history....

Dalton Mills was once the largest textile mill in the region, employing over 2000 workers. It was built by Joseph Craven in 1869, replacing the original mill which was owned by Rachel Leach in the 1780's.
      The mill was named Dalton Mills after the manager employed by Rachel Leach, a man called Dalton.
      In its heyday between 1869 and 1877 the mill provided jobs for workers all over Keighley and the Worth Valley.
      As the textile industry declined, the fortunes of Dalton Mills changed and up until 2004, it had been virtually empty for almost a decade. John Craven, the great-great grandson of Joseph, who had built the mill, eventually chose to sell Dalton Mills to Magna Holdings, to ensure it’s survival.
      Part of the renovation of the Clock Tower has included restarting the landmark clock which has not ticked for 25 years. In the mill's heyday, thousands of workers relied on the clock to get to work on time, but the hands had not moved for a quarter of a century. Last year Magna Holdings repaired the clock, and illuminated the faces, so it can display the time to the whole of Dalton Lane again.

Swoooooooosh.......

Smurf Surf.........

Thanks for looking Oldskool....

• By shacklerurbex
      A quick one this but I'm quite happy with how it came out.
      St. Pauls church was completed in 1849 and shut in 1999. It was (at least in 2008) on the market for the somewhat bargin price of £170,000. Now you dont get the windows with that (they have been auctioned off) you do however get multiple pigeon corpses and the splended aroma they have left behind...

A cracking little church and it's sad to see it in the state it's in.

Like if you like
      subscribe if you wish
      comments welcome
    • By plod
      Not a huge amount to say about this place, just wanted to share a few photos. Came here with @Buffalo
      Explore was pretty straight forward, nothing much left of the place it was still worth a quick visit though.

Thanks for looking 
    • By degenerate
      Stephenson Bros originally manufactured soap based agents for the processing of wool. In Kelly's Bradford Postal Directory of 1927 the building is listed as the business premises of Messrs Stephenson Brothers Ltd Dry Salters.
      Some rotten and spongy floors here. Visited with three non-members.

Thanks for looking.
    • By Hydro
      No history unfortunately, and it will soon be luxury apartments
      Narrowly avoiding death with Raz, Jamie_P & Rott3nWood.
      The Explore;
      So we went for a look at the Conditioning House but other than teleportation i couldnt see a way in. So not worth traversing a wall with concreted glass on the top and a gate covered in Razor Wire... Still always come out with a positive right so going with that frame of mind, if i'd have slipped i'd have received ghetto acupuncture free of charge - Sweet
      So over the road we went and after crossing the needle forrest (Not nice pine needles if you catch my drift) we had a look around this place.
      Nothing spectacular and not really worth the risk of aids or being mauled by the dogs loose in the building or even the dodgey as fook floors but i still managed to chuck together a decent amount of photos;

Thanks for looking