You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Dale68
      Been waiting all week to go here only to find it's all been boarded back . so just some from the outside.☹️

• By jane doe
      The main Hartwood Hospital building block with central towers with side wings was designed and built from 1890 by the local architect J L Murray from Biggar as the Lanark District Asylum covering the Lanarkshire area. The hospital closed in 1999

• By jane doe
      Explored in 2014 ...gutted inside but still beautiful outside  

• By jakeurbexphotography
      On the outskirts of Fishburn lies the derelict Winterton hospital. Winterton hospital used to be very big however most of its buildings were demolished and this part is the only building that remains of it. All of the windows are boarded up however when we got there it looked like someone had pulled the entire doorway off causing the whole thing to open making an entry so easy. Inside the building is in terrible condition, (similar to St. peter's) with collapsed floors, wallpaper peeling, water damage etc. We also didn't realise at the time that the building had asbestos but luckily we had masks so make sure to bring one if you're planning on going inside. We were unable to access the top floor due to the floor being so bad so we only got photos from the corridor as we came up the stairs. That all being said, winterton hospital does have a lot of history and it is a shame to see it left in such a poor state. 

• By jones-y-gog
      As I was flicking through old files recently i noticed that I'd only processed about half of the pics from here. So I decided it was about bloody time I did - this is the condensed version. 

If you are interested in reading more about the institution I would recommend reading the info on the attached link, it really is fascinating. 

https://www.countyasylums.co.uk/st-georges-morpeth/

Notes on my visit - initially I was chuffed to enjoy a stress-free visit as it was known for being a bit of a tricky one. Later that was replaced by bitter disappointment when I got to the most iconic part of the place (the ivy bathrooms). The walls had been completely covered in graffiti possibly as little as a few weeks prior. And I'm talking the most worst kind, no artistic merit whatsoever and no way of editing out in photoshop. Anyway I guess there are plenty of other shots that give a little insight into what it was like. 'Was' being the word as most of the buildings have now been demolished to build housing on the site.