urbexosaurus

Poland Ko?ció? w Alt Jäschwitz, Poland (visted Oct-2012) 2013

Ok, sometimes you pass a location that may not completely deserve a report on it's own, but well, since you're there, you decide to quickly take some snaps.

Located only a few hundred meters from "The Chapel" in a tiny village with only 400 people we found this place by accident.

A bit of history;

In 1744 a wooden church was build for the evangelic community of Alt Jäschwitz. For some reason, in 1842 the wooden church was replaced by a new concrete church and was converted into a Lutheran church. They finished building the new church in 1844.

In 1945, after the war, the church was abandoned simply because the Polish people that moved back into this area were catholic and didn't want to pray in a German church.

Nowadays it's in a state beyond repair, but some tiny details inside still give you the impression that it once must have been a nice place.

It's on the list of monuments in Poland, but it's unlikely it will ever get restored to it's former glory.

Below two pictures taken in 1917 & 1919, showing the church and it's former beauty;

Stare_Jaroszowice_3_jpeg_zps32581464.jpg

Stare_Jaroszowice_1_jpeg_zps7329cb5c.jpg

Ok, definitely not my best set of images, but well, here we go;

1#

8354559203_0f76d64dee_c.jpg

2#

8355618764_337dd5128c_c.jpg

3#

8354555339_36b0c3baa8_c.jpg

4#

8355617066_24092e9c5a_c.jpg

5#

8354555655_f8d00c780f_c.jpg

6#

8355621858_8a8b1356c9_c.jpg

7#

8354561807_aa63b6e747_c.jpg

8#

8354560745_9318443d47_c.jpg

9#

8354560093_b3a5212306_c.jpg

10#

8355623470_938da094e9_c.jpg

11#

8355621078_9796e214c4_c.jpg

12#

8354558137_a064a67f51_c.jpg

13#

8355619336_c2326ca6f7_c.jpg

14#

8355620018_919065ce84_c.jpg

Thanks for watching!

• Like 1

The lighting is wonderful! in theses, i could sit there and stare for hours !.. kinda reminds me of the church from final fantasy 7 / AVC . :thumb

Thats well worth seeing and doubt if she will ever be used again .

Just amazes me in their day a hub in the community and no just abandoned & forgotn :cool2:

Cheers for the share :thumb

Guest Scattergun

What a lovely wee find! Nice one there mate, no need to apologise about the pics, you've really covered the place well. Such a shame how degraded its become.

Thanks guys!

Yeah, it's very unfortunate, all those evangelic churches in this region. There are a couple more around, some in better shape, others in worse conditions.. One thing they all have in common, it's highly unlikely they will ever get restored... :cry: Simply a money issue..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By EveDestruction
      Traveling through eastern Poland together we saw an abandoned house near the road. quick decision - we are entering. From the outside, the house did not offer much. The entrance was easy, only to our misfortune the house was empty, there was not much equipment in it, practically bare walls. Taking advantage of the fact that we are inside, we decided to go down to the cellars and garage, which we saw from the road. While walking around the house from the other side, we saw an open window leading to the garage. Our surprise was huge, it was difficult to believe that Jaguar was there! Quick entry inside and here is. Beautiful Jaguar 420, and most importantly, it is in quite good condition, with most details and elements. Unfortunately, the engine was gently stolen, but the unit with a capacity of 4.2 liters was still beautiful. It once produced a dizzying 245 km, which allowed the 1.7 tonne vehicle to accelerate to nearly 200km / h. Then we went to the interior of this classic of the 60s. The door was closed, but the mechanism of the lock still worked, which allowed us to sit on the seats of this luxury vehicle. Each indicator, meter, and clock was in perfect condition, the steering wheel caused great resistance, but this is probably because the Jaguar tires have lost most of the air over the years. Every button, the switch went like it was completely new. The car was exceptionally comfortable and very well equipped. With time, it has come to us that after the photos and memories of this Jaguar will not be much, because the owner forgot about him, and he is waiting alone for him in the garage.

• By seaside_rambler
      We popped in here over the summer for the first time, quite liked it here, nice and peaceful...until I heard someone outside with their lad, peeped out the access hole to see none other that our own Silverainbow
      Was a busy day, as a poor badger had found his way in, but sadly not his way out. This place was to be his last explore.. So here is part of one of many Napoleonic War defences along this stretch of coastline, all with fascinating histories including WWI&II. Some info can be found here
      Anyway, got a few pics but forgot to snap Mr Badger! He did smell a bit fresh so didn't want to hang around him too long..

• By Alek
      Hi from Poland, i've finally find some time to sign up Cheers! 
    • By jane doe
      Dorton House, formerly known as Wildernesse, is a Grade II listed Georgian mansion house in Seal, Kent, near Sevenoaks; until 2013 it was used as the headquarters for the Royal London Society for the Blind (RLSB) and as housing for the blind and partially sighted children who attended its school. The school was set in 49 acreas and was sold and redeveloped into housing 

• By Flame
      Hi everyone from Poland,
      I've known to Oblivion for several years, finally I've account here