urbexosaurus

Poland Ko?ció? w Alt Jäschwitz, Poland (visted Oct-2012) 2013

Ok, sometimes you pass a location that may not completely deserve a report on it's own, but well, since you're there, you decide to quickly take some snaps.

Located only a few hundred meters from "The Chapel" in a tiny village with only 400 people we found this place by accident.

A bit of history;

In 1744 a wooden church was build for the evangelic community of Alt Jäschwitz. For some reason, in 1842 the wooden church was replaced by a new concrete church and was converted into a Lutheran church. They finished building the new church in 1844.

In 1945, after the war, the church was abandoned simply because the Polish people that moved back into this area were catholic and didn't want to pray in a German church.

Nowadays it's in a state beyond repair, but some tiny details inside still give you the impression that it once must have been a nice place.

It's on the list of monuments in Poland, but it's unlikely it will ever get restored to it's former glory.

Below two pictures taken in 1917 & 1919, showing the church and it's former beauty;

Stare_Jaroszowice_3_jpeg_zps32581464.jpg

Stare_Jaroszowice_1_jpeg_zps7329cb5c.jpg

Ok, definitely not my best set of images, but well, here we go;

1#

8354559203_0f76d64dee_c.jpg

2#

8355618764_337dd5128c_c.jpg

3#

8354555339_36b0c3baa8_c.jpg

4#

8355617066_24092e9c5a_c.jpg

5#

8354555655_f8d00c780f_c.jpg

6#

8355621858_8a8b1356c9_c.jpg

7#

8354561807_aa63b6e747_c.jpg

8#

8354560745_9318443d47_c.jpg

9#

8354560093_b3a5212306_c.jpg

10#

8355623470_938da094e9_c.jpg

11#

8355621078_9796e214c4_c.jpg

12#

8354558137_a064a67f51_c.jpg

13#

8355619336_c2326ca6f7_c.jpg

14#

8355620018_919065ce84_c.jpg

Thanks for watching!

• Like 1

The lighting is wonderful! in theses, i could sit there and stare for hours !.. kinda reminds me of the church from final fantasy 7 / AVC . :thumb

Thats well worth seeing and doubt if she will ever be used again .

Just amazes me in their day a hub in the community and no just abandoned & forgotn :cool2:

Cheers for the share :thumb

Guest Scattergun

What a lovely wee find! Nice one there mate, no need to apologise about the pics, you've really covered the place well. Such a shame how degraded its become.

Thanks guys!

Yeah, it's very unfortunate, all those evangelic churches in this region. There are a couple more around, some in better shape, others in worse conditions.. One thing they all have in common, it's highly unlikely they will ever get restored... :cry: Simply a money issue..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By silverainbow
      Another one of those Ive been meaning to do for ages, Its normally one of those that people do early on in their explore career but I didnt for some reason, the time never felt right , Visited With Ms Penfold, A little history can be found via this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dover_Western_HeightsAnd so for a few PicsThanks for taking the time to look
    • By skeleton key
      Thankful there was enough remaining to grab some shots and at the same time have a good giggle
      Splored With Lara,Trog and peaches

In the back area of the stage Lara found some costumes and the silliness began.
      Beds began to roll up and down the corridors .

Better not to ask

I nearly ran straight into secca.
      At first i thought it was another fool dressed up but as Sindbad
      Then realized he was a Sihk Secca lol

This fella was either as deaf as a post or turned a blind eye & I wasnt fussed with either.
      As was more to see and we put a bit of distance between us and the now named Turbanator.

Cheers for looking in

• By Unexposed Exploration
      Hello everyone!
      I never used to post reports often. But over the last 3 days & joining this forum has put me into a real good mood and the feedback has been amazing!! Thank you all
      This was an explore i was not to sure about. I did not like the location and it had a spooky feel about the place!
      We had been inside around an hour and it was pitch black before we started hearing lots of noises and talking.
      I was a little worried it would be some "chavs" or "kids" smashing the place up with all the noise so we decided to leave.
      As we where leaving we bumped into a photographer and a model in a wedding dress. - This was my first time bumping into anyone on an explore!
      We spend about 30 more minuets inside before we moved on to the next location.
      A little history -
      The Fletcher Convalescent Home opened in 1893 and closed in 1998.
      It served as a hospital and during the war. (A tuberculosis hospital for the military)
      Since it closed the buildings have been subject to numerous planning applications, none of which have been successful.
      This building also features on the in the Victorian Society’s “Top Ten Endangered Buildings” list of 2008.

Thanks for looking!!
    • By Urbex Ninja
      Part of the South Foreland Battery, these gun magazines are probably the most obvious on the site. They would've held ammunition for Number 2 and 3 guns further down. We also tried out Wire Wool for the first time here.

• By Wevsky
      My take on Prison 15H and from what I gather there is going to be a fair few from this place coming to a forum near you Soon!
      Thanks to Phantom Bish and Camera shy for the Intel. Cheers guys.
      Seems we where out the same weekend as Mr Bish but missed him by a day..
      Early morning start and a Euro tunnel trip purely to do this place and then home intime for tea..This is an advantage of living 45 mins from the Euro tunnel, met many euro explorers while in the place and some well kitted up graffers on the way out.,Other than that no problems where had,even the Gypo colony in the car park wasn’t an issue..
      Enough bollox from me and here’s 15 of the 230 odd I took 60% of them I was happy with but no one wants to see a apic heavy report of the place!!
      Explored with Sx-riffraff,Obscurity,Spaceinvader and Urban Ginger