SuZyQue

The ice factory - Grimsby

Erk... ok

Firstly... let me clarify I wasn't calling anyone a monkey!

I guess my ignorance to the forum in general, and my poor choice of words,

have created a whole different context to what I was trying to convey...

And no I wasn't drunk, I guess I am just odd!

So I apologise, I didn't mean to cause offence and I wasn't suggesting breaking any laws either.

And I guess if anyone does happen to go get any pictures and want to share

them with project ice, best to contact them directly before I screw things up anymore!

Sorry!

Guest Dubbednavigator

It does appear in this case that the troll perception may have been incorrect, so i shall retract my flaming of you.

Forums can be a very friendly place, but they can also escalate very quickly if you put the wrong foot in the door!

I know a couple of people who have done it some time ago. Last time I was there ABP had stepped things up a notch.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/keitei/sets/72157630066765930/

behind the ice house there are loads of small building down tiny streets, quite eary...some used some not. but due to abp closing all the roads apart from one which has security on it has become a bit of a ghostly place

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Hooismans
      History
      This factory was opened in 1900 and made cardboard out of straw, in that time this product was very popular so 8 years later the made another factory next to the other one.
      In 1968 the factory closed due to competition from abroad, after the factory was closed it was sold off to a men who repaired and sold off machines. The new owner only did nothing about maintenance of the old factory so the factory complex decayed rapidly. in 2005 the original factory was demolished and the other factory was luckily protected as a monument. Later in 2009 the restoration began on the still standing factory. 6 years later the company who began with the restoration began to have financial troubles so the factory was abandoned again. After being abandoned for 1 year the factory was bought on a auction for an incredible low price, after that the restoration was back on track again.

Explore
      We went on a Sunday so the workers waren't working on the building. When we got there, there was a door opened so we could enter the beautiful old factory building. The highlight of the building was the old Turbine and the old ovens.

Hope you enjoyed my post! 
    • By anthrax
      Founded in early 1800's the complex was initially used as a hand weaving mill. Following 30 years of manual work the means of production changed when the small mill was bought by a young interpreneur who changed the concept to include hydropower. A few years after that, the mill changed owners again when it was decided to enlargen the mill and convert it into a fully functional factory, instead of a small hydropower driven mill.
      Successively more and more looms and heavy machinery were added when a textile producer outsourced his production because of monetary advantages. During WW2 the production was stopped and the factory used for producing telecommunication materials for the military.
      Because of the decline of the texile industry in Europe and outdated machinery the factory had to close for good in the 2000's. Now it's slowly consumed by nature and open for urban explorers like me.
      Full Album: (70+ photographs) https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157669234673708/with/42217673072/
      Full Blog Post: http://inwordsandpictures.net/textilefactory

DSC_7178 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7224 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7237 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7241_1 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7252 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7259 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7272 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7302 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7308 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7336 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7350 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7382 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7394 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7414 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7425 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7431 by anthrax, auf Flickr

• By Hooismans
      This is an old paper factory were they would make cardboard, The factory opened in 1905 and closed in 2005 after the company was taken over by an other company which stopped the production.

There was also this old burned out Jaguar which was quite nice to photograph.

Thanks for looking!

• By anthrax
      Today I visit some kind of factory buildings near a train station. I'm unsure if this was part of some other factory or if those were standalone buildings. One from the two had a cafeteria, so it appears plausible that this was a seperate firm. I'm saying that because the buildings are located on a industrial area where many companies, warehouses and such are located.

Enjoy!
      Full: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcr8Da

• By Doug
      Not the greatest photos ever, but yeah... mine are the after shots (shown first) and the before shots (shown after) are 25 years old and not mine.
      I hope that all makes sense