scrappy

UK Brogyntyn Hall, Oswestry - Dec 2012

visited with a none forum member, all i can say is got to do the rest of the house because of blind luck the day we went. the weather was horrible and there was plenty of floods to contend with but got there in the end.

history from Mr beardy's report:- Brogyntyn Hall has stood abandoned for 15 years. was owned by the Lord Harlech until 2000. Settled in the 1600s the house and its estate once presided over the land as far as the eye can see. The family was one of the great English dynasties and owners of Harlech Castle in North Wales as well.

Unfortunately a string of tragedies including two Lords Harlech dying without wills, leaving massive death duties to be paid, saw the decline of the family fortunes and subsequent sale of the Hall. Interestingly it was also used during the war by British Telecom as headquarters for communications for the spy network operating in Europe.

the walk up and the stream coming down the path

8334855070_114c8b87ae_z.jpg

loved this concealed door

8334902892_aa76750480_z.jpg

8333929827_636ef8d00a_z.jpg

8333972121_69f8c59834_z.jpg

8333996385_a758c6059a_z.jpg

8334993076_a3cbf2eb4a_z.jpg

8333918179_875b164e2b_z.jpg

8334040877_2f989a914c_z.jpg

8334086951_0935f2a16c_z.jpg

8335126876_0755f71764_z.jpg

8335324732_a0cd4420e5_z.jpg

8335188238_c8acc4bacc_z.jpg

[8333834947_7fb7d7faf5_z.jpg

8333808883_4757635643_z.jpg

a great explore with plenty more pics on my flickr, but i was glad to get home after the walking and all the paths in the area seamed to have been turned into streams with the rain didnt help not having a dry pain of shoes for the 2 hour drive home.

Edited by skeleton key
Added country under prefix

thanks guys, i forgot to say the concealed door in the libary had a small hole about a finger width that you had to push a button to open it

Great pics and write up and incredible detail in the shots :)

Edited by skeleton key

Guest Scattergun

It's a beautiful house with an interesting history, what a waste if you ask me. Some of that woodworks stunning! I hope somethings done to save the place.

i hope they do something with it soon as it will just rot away, we was very lucky to get in there and even and had even more luck to see rest of the house!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By crabb
      What's left of the south marston hotel, remains an empty, scorched shell. Not much to see on this one, and I am way to late but hey, it still provides an eerie vibe. And the photos came out pretty good too. Thanks,
      C

• By jane doe
      Established in 1926, G.L. Murphy was a family run business and supplied bespoke machinery to the tanning industry, as well as building rag cutting and cable stripping machinery.  The company also provide refurbishment and renovation works for various machinery types. 

• By jane doe
      Predannack opened in 1941 as an RAF base, but today is the satellite airfield to RNAS Culdrose - it is a restricted MOD site and an active airfield used daily for flying training and also provides our Fire Fighting training facility. The area is heavily utilised by Culdrose helicopter squadrons, light fixed wing aircraft and, on an occasional basis by other aircraft types including jet aircraft, for a variety of reasons. Predominantly crews are involved in intensive training sorties involving a high cockpit workload. On average there is in excess of 2000 aircraft moves a month at the unit. The airfield is also used by the Fire Training School for live fire fighting and rescue instruction/exercises and there is also a rifle range at Predannack which is frequently used for live weapon firings. Additionally the airfield is used for a variety of additional tasks when the Control Tower is unmanned e.g. gliding.

• By crabb
      After hearing about the permanent closure of this well known super store giant, we felt like a part of our childhood was gone forever.
      In the store we visited, we found the names of those loyal workers written on the wall with one of those people having  worked there for 20 years,
      but unfortunately we couldn't go back and get a photo due to my camera running out of juice.
      But all is not lost as there is a full video on my friend's youtube channel so check it out!
      https://www.youtube.com/user/Kirbsvids
      Here are the best photos we managed to get, thanks for looking.
      C

• By jane doe
      Unfortunatly  the Glen o dee hospital was pretty trashed , a few nice little bits