Oh thats good!!! How the F did SI sleep and miss that!!!!

he had seen it before mate and he had done a lot of driving on very little sleep so sleep more important on trips with a lot of driving

I prodded the dog skull and out came the tongue for a good lick but i thought better of it :)

Again a cracking job you have done, I thought the place had mostly gone.......shame it was on my list :(

its the last bit there to be converted and some of it has had work done/areas cleared of debris falling down from the ceiling etc

Well done anyway, loving the images.

I kow its very tourist trail..but i have wanted to see this place a long time beofre i got a passport and even tho the lads had been beforethey had no problem going back so i could see it before its gone..glad i packed the 50mm ,wideangles a bugger to get up close

Edited by Wevsky

I don't care who I have to beg, I've gotta get to this place. Those photos of the tissue samples in jars made me need to go lay out in a dark room and calm down.

I don't care who I have to beg, I've gotta get to this place. Those photos of the tissue samples in jars made me need to go lay out in a dark room and calm down.

its well worth the trip mate!

Wait, the place's being converted? How far along are they?

they have cleared up the fallen ceiling in the auditorium and generaly cleaned up mate dont knwo what it looked like before to say really!the room in basement is still full of stuff as u can see

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Light-worx
      An abandoned beacon in the baltic sea. There are two of it. One 1000m and the other one in 4000m distance from the runway.
      Ther were used to enlarge the range of the runway ...so the pilots could navigate easier to the short runway.

Build and used by the NVA. The army of the former GDR... (DDR).

• By Luke_z_Olomoca
      Hi, something about Libava.
      I'm sorry for my bad English.
      Libavá is a military space in the Czech Republic with an area of 320km2. There are several dozen mines there. The slate has been cultivated here since the 16th century and has left its remains in the landscape. Before World War II there were 24 villages. Since 1946, all public space has been inaccessible. The army is being trained here and entry is strictly forbidden.
      Slate bearing on the Olomouc Hill is one of the largest in Central Europe. According to surveys from 1947, the power reaches up to 100 m. The slate was broken in the 16th century, the extraction was gained after 1832. In 1889, due to the long and hard winters, which considerably reduced the surface mining, deep mining was started; down to 500 miners worked. In the years 1915-1932, mining was stopped, then about 150 employees worked (under WWII for two hundred prisoners of war). Mining was terminated after the establishment of military space. Attempts to rebuild mining took place in 1992-94, a new exploration pit was thrown out, but the mismatch of potential extraction with the military drilling regime was cut off from plans.
      I managed to get into one mine where it was mined by 2002. The mine is not directly in the military space, but corridors that are several kilometers long lead there. The mine has 3 floors. The top floor is only 200 meters long and it has a 50-meter deep shaft that serves for ventilation.
      2nd floor has a covered entrance, it can only be reached from the 1st floor using climbing equipment (the connection is 30 meters high).
      I shot from this video, trying to capture the underground in all its beauty.
      Enjoy

• By Alexurbex
      This place was a restaurant, incredible restaurant!!

• By obscureserenity
      Town Mansion 

History

The Town Mansion was originally built in 1912 by a wealthy petroleum importer. During the early 20th century, the area in which the mansion was built, had become a hub for many rich German families in the early 1900's. By 1918, once the First World War had come to an end and the town was heavily damaged by the intense bombing raids at the start of the war and then German occupation of Belgium in 1914. Only two houses in that street survived, the Town Mansion being one of those. It was then later occupied by a Belgium shipbuilder until the late 1960's, when it was used as an office space. The mansion was abandoned in 1991 and hasn't been formally resided in since.

Visit

Visited with @PROJ3CTM4YH3M and a non forum member. As I recall it was a particularly hot spring day and we all excited to see this location, partly to escape from the intense heat. Once we got inside we spent a short amount of time wandering around before we eagerly started taking our pictures. I can confidentially say that this is one of the grandest mansions in Belgium I have visited. I did wonder what the lives of the families that once inhabited it were like and the memories they must have had. It was a very enjoyable explore for me and as always, I hope you enjoy my photos!

If you got this far, thanks for reading