Wevsky

Belgium La Crypt -May 2013

This was pretty much the last explore from day 1 of our trip,yes its very done to death but i havnt seen it so it was new to me and something i wanted to do..Think the cemetery is closed now as there is signs pof work being carried out with portacabins and security etc

Explored with crazy fool,SpaceInvader and Sx-riffraff

Not a huge amount of pics as they all get a bit samey tbh..Loads i could have done with the 50mm but im not a fan of too many close ups of peoples names on the stones,so here's a mixed batch !

DSC_0235.jpg

Now theres a few shots i have with this guy,He's called eric which is the name sx-riffraff gave him..thing is my wife does a lot of crochet and wanted me to take something she had made and photograph it in various locations so she can post the pics on the sites/pages the crochet gang use..so if its not "proper exploring"Tough :rolleyes:

DSC_0229.jpg

DSC_0234.jpg

DSC_0231.jpgDSC_0238.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

DSC_0239.jpgDSC_0242.jpg

DSC_0241.jpg

one last one of eric..

DSC_0245.jpg

• Like 1

I think this place is awesome! great photographs and would love to visit this place, im getting a real fetish for cemetery's and graveyards etc :D I blame Nelly!

Edited by Rik

Grrrrr, always security there hence a fun one to go and do. I need to do this one as we ran into the workmen last time we were there.

Bang on photos there dude. Loving it mate.

Wevs, you really don't know how jealous I am about this, I love this place and I NEED to get there :(

Top shots mate :thumb

Guest Scattergun

Great shots, still never been here. Never got beyond the gate lol. oops.

Top tip..dont use the gate :)

well............ no one told us that cameras arent even allowed in the cemetry, bold as brass we walk up to the gate for the guard to point at the sign and tell us to turn around lol

DOH !!!

Lovely shots wevs

well............ no one told us that cameras arent even allowed in the cemetry, bold as brass we walk up to the gate for the guard to point at the sign and tell us to turn around lol

DOH !!!

Lovely shots wevs

Thought it was tripods they didnt allow?either way going when its open not a good idea lol

Great location and pics mate

& loving the Top Tip

:jump

Bloody lovely this was sk..my first actual crypt..and it didnt disappoint :thumb

This is a fab place, I could, and hope will at some point, spend aaages looking at the inscriptions, + you got awesome pics :)

:thumbs for Eric too!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By .Gh0ast
      First report here, the well-known Chateau wolfenstein.

Lost somewhere in the Belgian Ardennes, the castle was built 1931 by a rich Baron.
      It has many use throught the years, hospital, command centre during the war, care home for soldiers and, apparently some kind of jail for war and politic prisonners.

Now, it 's still a part a the hospital complex but it is unused, except for a room where the hospital stocks some servers.

• By TrevBish.co.uk
      An old train repair facility. Linked with one of the big steel works in Belgium. Now all closed. Things date back to around 2012. I think it closed around this time. the place isn't a bad mooch. a few people living inside taking copper. 

• By Ghost-Scooter
      The well known Lycée V. has been a grammar school for girls only. It#s been closed in the 1990's and abandoned since.

DSC01600-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01601-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01605-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01639-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01607-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01647-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01632-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01623-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01621-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01615-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01612-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr
    • By Unexposed Exploration
      Hello everyone!
      I never used to post reports often. But over the last 3 days & joining this forum has put me into a real good mood and the feedback has been amazing!! Thank you all
      This was an explore i was not to sure about. I did not like the location and it had a spooky feel about the place!
      We had been inside around an hour and it was pitch black before we started hearing lots of noises and talking.
      I was a little worried it would be some "chavs" or "kids" smashing the place up with all the noise so we decided to leave.
      As we where leaving we bumped into a photographer and a model in a wedding dress. - This was my first time bumping into anyone on an explore!
      We spend about 30 more minuets inside before we moved on to the next location.
      A little history -
      The Fletcher Convalescent Home opened in 1893 and closed in 1998.
      It served as a hospital and during the war. (A tuberculosis hospital for the military)
      Since it closed the buildings have been subject to numerous planning applications, none of which have been successful.
      This building also features on the in the Victorian Society’s “Top Ten Endangered Buildings” list of 2008.

Thanks for looking!!