oldskool

Chateau des Singes 04/2013

Chateau des Singes 04/2013

A wicked location of the beaten track only took a few shots here spent most of time chillin and having a beer ........looks like another location that has had work undertaken but not completed

8765590260_e3b20a1082_c.jpg

8765595644_95498804d5_c.jpg

8765595040_c0185a3436_c.jpg

8765589960_9d3d6b9bd1_c.jpg

8765592574_08685e399a_c.jpg

8765594270_dde31fe1ac_c.jpg

8765589726_72824dfcfc_c.jpg

8765583634_efe8ed8d29_c.jpg

thanks for looking Oldskool & Cloaked Up

8867565203_441b5f482b_c.jpg

Edited by Stussy

What beautiful stairs, and a very pretty building in general, I bet t was magnificent in its day. Cracking pics Mr M. Thank you for sharing

I removed the Flickr links at the bottom of the pics to make it look a bit tidier :)

Great set of pics OldSkool, stunning location!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By obscureserenity
      Chateau Marianne / Chateau Alchimiste

History

Not much history on this location but it was rumoured to be have been once occupied by a former professor. The chateau is located in a small, rural town in France. The town's residents have halved in the last 40 years and it was beginning to look quite run down. I can imagine the nickname  'Alchimiste' (which means Alchemist in French) came from all the chemistry equipment left behind such as: test tubes, syringes, bottles, cylinders and beakers.  It seems the previous inhabitant was also a bit of an artist, we found many paintings scattered around the house and a large collection in the attic, as well as a small studio in an upstairs room. 

Visit

I visited this beautiful chateau on a euro trip with @PROJ3CTM4YH3M. We went the previous night to check to see if it was accessible and boy we were in for a shock! Neither of us realised how much stuff had been left and how interesting the contents were. We both particularly liked the framed butterfly collection which was hung up in one of the living rooms, as it reminded us of the film 'Silence of the Lambs.'  After a short investigation we decided to return the following day and booked a hotel in a nearby town.  Arriving the next morning once sun had risen, the place was really brought into it's element. So, as always, hope you enjoy my photos!

If you've got this far, thanks for reading 

• By teddybear
      A large abandoned iron mine with miles of tunnels and several levels. We've been here 3 times and still not seen a fraction of it. Yet we walked 20 Km in there. There should be some big vehicles in there but only found some tracks. But we found  a lot of little things like old miner boot with real nails in the soles,a small horse shoe and imprints of horseshoe's and miner boots. From some places it took more 1.5 Hr just to get to the only entry. And unfortunately at the last visit we saw that effort are been made to seal the entry up. A big wire mesh was placed, a wheelbarrow and some mounting materials were present there but no workers. I think it was raining to hard that day.. Probably  the entry is closed now.
      But sure fun to explore there an been off the grid for some hours.
      IMG_9504 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_9497 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_9489 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_9480 by Bart Hamradio, on Flick

IMG_1291 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_1300 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_1304 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_1317 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_1321 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_1325 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_1327 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_0679 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_0687 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_0689 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_9499 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

• By .Gh0ast
      First report here, the well-known Chateau wolfenstein.

Lost somewhere in the Belgian Ardennes, the castle was built 1931 by a rich Baron.
      It has many use throught the years, hospital, command centre during the war, care home for soldiers and, apparently some kind of jail for war and politic prisonners.

Now, it 's still a part a the hospital complex but it is unused, except for a room where the hospital stocks some servers.

• By TrevBish.co.uk
      Chateau Sarco – France   Built in the 19th century. Once owned by the ministry and sold in 2008 for just under 4 Million euro and abandoned ever since……