Canonguy

Black Rapid Sport Slim camera strap

This is a quick review of my Black Rapid Sport Slim (as pictured below on the left)

7970054210_4b6c39689d_n.jpg

on the website (www.blackrapid.com) they say:

"This BlackRapid R-Strap is for the active photographer with slimmer shoulders. With an ergonomic fit and a Brad, the Sport Slim will keep your camera secure in any situation."

my list of the main pros and cons

pros:

- Is very comfy and spreads the weight of the camera nicely across the body

- camera can be taken of quickly via the Connectr (its called a Connectr its not a typo :D)

- the Connectr has a screw lock gate to stop the camera coming lose

- so many different models (even for people who like the camera hanging on the left side of there body)

cons

- its connects to the camera via the tripod mount so isnt that easy to change from strap to tripod but they make a Fastenr-T1 which works with most tripods (www.blackrapid.com/products/fastenr-t1)

- if you have to run ;) the camera will swing and it is quite annoying

this is a video comparing some the models that black rapid make:

here are 2 of the better youtube videos of reviewing it (there are loads out there):

1-

2-

*(sorry if there are any spelling mistakes, im dyslexic :D)*

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By little_boy_explores
      Black and white or B&W shots 

The best of your black and white shots

Here's a couple to start off with

• By hamtagger
      Urban Reflections...

Flipped upside down for the last two..

Your turn...

• By Buffalo
      I'm looking to buy a head camera to film my explores, preferably between £20-£50. I don't know much about cameras so I'm not sure what to look for really. can anyone recommend anything? 
    • By AndyK!
      Built in 1909 these hydroelectric turbines are old and beautiful - embodying all the charm and character that was incorporated into the design of industrial equipment from that period. Some signs of restoration are visible, so it looks like the future of this glimpse of the past is secure.
      The building consists of a single turbine hall, unassuming from the outside straddling an Italian river. The Brown Boveri turbines themselves really are something special, employing a vertical design to allow them to be driven by hydro power. The power plant forms part of a larger complex that has a cotton mill at its heart. The town which the power plant once supplied was built to house the workers of the mill, and the power plant supplied free electricity for them.
      The turbines really were an amazing sight, and certainly one of my favourite places to have visited.

1. Turbine Hall

2. Turbines and Control Panel

3. The turbines

4. Gauges on the control desk

5. Control panels

6 & 7. Turbine details

8. Turbines viewed from ground level

9. Wheels and equipment around the turbines

• By sj9966
      A recent very short visit to this old drop forging works crammed pack full of old engineering goodies! The company still exists but has moved to new premises not far away.
      It's surprising so much stuff has been left behind, the maintenance shop looks like it could be fired back up in no time.
      A cracking little place with loads to see. It reminded me of being at work back in the 80's & 90's, I served my time in a place just like this!
      I was short of time so didn't spend too long inside but managed to get a few shots of the place. I've been out of the game since October so it was good to get back out there.