Paulpowers

UK Denbigh Asylum, Wales - July 2013

Guest Dubbednavigator

I suppose it doesnt really matter how fucked a place is, when you have modern buildings with no character to them at all. This has a lot of that.

Popped in here sunday... Fuck me it was busy!! Mustve been 20 people wanderin about!! Splorers, non splorers and a bunch of young uns jumpin in n out of the manholes under the building... :)

Popped in here sunday... Fuck me it was busy!! Mustve been 20 people wanderin about!! Splorers, non splorers and a bunch of young uns jumpin in n out of the manholes under the building... :)

hmmm didn't see quite that many.. we saw a group of three, a couple of bods and a group of around 4 chavs

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Landie_Man
      Back in July, myself and @mookster revisited a site which we both explored back in May 2010 where we piloted my beloved 1978 Land Rover Series III to leafy Surrey.  It was a roasting hot day and as an explorer of a year and a bit, it was an exciting huge factory explore which we spent hours in.

Fast forward well over eight years and we decide to try a few sites around Surrey and London and head here for a revisit.  A lot had happened here in eight years; all documented on crappy YouTube videos and various visits over the year, the site had been torn apart, once secured with guards, fences erected and just pillaged for its innards.  

I'd heard about being a muddy swamp inside in the rain; hardly suprising as it was a cat litter factory producing cat litter mined from Fullers Earth from a quarry on the same site.  
      We arrived on site in a similarly ancient car; my 1988 Volvo 240 GLT on a much hotter day; quite a roasting day.  Perfect exploring weather.

The years had not been good; it was battered, beaten and stripped beyond recognition; not suprising seeing as it shut in 1994. I did not recognise this place at all.  But it kind of had a charm in the summer sun, it looked like the sort of factory you'd explore on GTA Free Roam, or Driver and find Tommy Vermicelli hiding!!

Good to see it again for nostalgia in any case.  

We spent an hour ish here before moving on to London where we ended up sitting in traffic for ages and going to a very tasty place which served bowls of meat gravy with a burger to bathe in it.  Very good it was too!

More At:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/landie_man/albums/72157673570696148
    • By AlexAvenue
      Found our way into a small cave in the Yorkshire dales.

• By AlexAvenue
      Along the road in the Yorkshire dales we came across many small caves.
      We ventured into some of them, and saw some cool things.
      Next year we plan on returning and Exploring the larger caves.

• By Landie_Man
      As part of another backlog of our West Country Trip, @Mookster, our American Explorer Friend @cgrizzy and myself traveled to this rather derpy site.  It's one of the list but little of interest remains inside; though its quite large, with long concrete voids with some pretty good Graffiti in places.  
      Not much was going on inside; except some kids with a makeshift skate park in the middle who seemed slightly suprised to spot us.   There is some really cool shots of nature reclaiming in here; lots growing everywhere and areas have collapsed.

The Dries in Wenford were built in the early part of the 20th century (likely post-1907) to serve the local china clay pit at Stannon on Bodmin Moor.  
      China Clay in liquid form was carried in a pipeline from the pit to the settling tanks behind the dries. 

The dries operated until the final closure in 2002 (aside from a brief closure during WWII). The works were originally built by the Stannon China Clay Company, but were acquired by English China Clays in 1919. The choice of site was heavily influenced by the presence of an existing railway line leading from Wenford Bridge which was originally constructed to carry granite from the nearby De Lank quarries. The dry was built adjacent to the railway line and a large private siding was built to connect to the network.

More At:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/landie_man/albums/72157701301733375
    • By BrotherHoodUrbex
      History
      Maes Mynan care home was a two floor 33 bedroom care home on a site of 2.6 acres.
      The care home was for the elderly and it had its own day service and its own respite service for a short stay and emergency placements.
      The site was bought in 2013 by the healthcare company and has been left untouched since.
      The building itself we could not find much history about or anything about when the care home opened.

Our Visit
      We decided to visit this place when we went out on a day trip to Engedi chapel (report will be up soon).
      On the way back we still had a lot of daylight left so we thought we would stop in and have a look at this site after seeing a report.
      The surrounding area was very overgrown and there was a long pathway leading up to the build.
      The site itself was in pretty good condition, well worth the visit if you have any free time.
      Be mindful if you do visit as just at the back of the site, there is a house that we assumed is occupied.